“FANTASTIC”

Cafe Glee
Ranked #597 of 1,273 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: British
Reviewed January 11, 2011

I work at UPS, Nottingham City. I’d heard recently that there was a new comedy club opened at the waterfront that also did food in the daytime. We do have a café at our work place but it is, how shall we say, school dinners but with only the wetherspoons and Via fossa near by we’ve had to like it or lump it.
On entering Café Glee last Friday we were extremely pleased with the décor. It kind of looks like a kitsch charity shop! But with a grand Piano. The service was great and had a nice chat with our waitress. Though it was empty, it looks like nobody else has discovered this place.
For our food we were a little pressed for time so we only ordered a couple of sandwhiches and I had a Ceasar salad. We didn’t have to worry about the time though. It seemed like the food was on our table as soon as we ordered it! And it was fantastic! The Sarnies looked like something you’d get in a Parisian Deli, and the Chicken Ceasar was THE-BEST-I-HAVE-EVER-SEEN!!!!! This was our work lunch so we couldn’t really get to taste anything from there cocktail menu, but, we will!
One thing I will say isw that it felt alittle empty here with few customers and lots of free tables. But I can only guess that this is because no-body knows about it yet. Im sure this will be our regular Friday luch in the future.
Great venu, I cant wait too come back to see the comedy and try some of those cocktails!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed January 11, 2011

Came in on saturday for the first time since refurbishment and enjoyed the experience. We had tickets booked for the comedy in the evening, but arrived early to eat before the show. The cafe menu offered familiar pub grub and a specials board,boasting homemade deserts and classic bistro dishes. we ordered off both menus and found the cafe food to be presented and cooked to perfection and the specials board to be nothing less than special. It was a suprise, but a pleasant one and the comedy turned out to be good to, much better than most of what ive seen in nottingham,, the venue clean and the staff friendly. All in all, hard to fault, fully recommend an evevning at glee to anyone

1  Thank tjamesh1986
Reviewed November 25, 2010

Staff were very friendly, relaxed atmosphere, mix of old teles sideboards and furniture from the 20 -50s including a grand piano for small gigs. above average food served in a unique cafe. loved it

Reviewed November 3, 2010

Managed to eat here a couple of times since it re-opened after a huge refurbishment along with the glee comedy club upstairs. The place is hardly recognisable from the old Bar Risa, with nice furniture, comfy leather sofas and interesting décor.
The food menu has a good choice of brunch, sandwiches, burgers and pies. The fish finger sandwich was served with delicious citrus mayonnaise, home-made coleslaw and even home-made crisps. My partners pork steak with white wine sauce was stunning, the potato fondants were the nicest I've ever tasted. Obviously being a bar they have a decent choice of drinks, as well as decent coffee and home made cakes and biscuits. Hopefully the atmosphere will improve as customer numbers increased. Only negative I can think of are the toilets, which could do with a bit of smartening up to bring them up to the same standard as the rest of the venue.