“Great venue”

Cuisines: British
Notts
“Great venue”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Saw Megson - they were great. Of course!! Really nice venue too. Nice to be able to eat, drink and listen to brilliant music.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Comedy excellent, food ok”
Reviewed March 6, 2011

We went to see Lee Evans and had a great time. Coming from work we thought we'd give the food a try so got there in plenty of time. The menu looked interesting and looked reasonably priced. Ordering took some time, but the food did arrive fairly quickly looked good and tasted good. I had chosen the salad for something a little lighter and it was a little disappointing with lots of lettuce but very little else. My partner went for the fish finger sandwich which was very nice, and made me wish I'd gone for it.
I'm sure we'll be back, but not for the salad!

• Visited February 2011
nottingham
“FANTASTIC”
Reviewed January 11, 2011

I work at UPS, Nottingham City. I’d heard recently that there was a new comedy club opened at the waterfront that also did food in the daytime. We do have a café at our work place but it is, how shall we say, school dinners but with only the wetherspoons and Via fossa near by we’ve had to like it or lump it.
On entering Café Glee last Friday we were extremely pleased with the décor. It kind of looks like a kitsch charity shop! But with a grand Piano. The service was great and had a nice chat with our waitress. Though it was empty, it looks like nobody else has discovered this place.
For our food we were a little pressed for time so we only ordered a couple of sandwhiches and I had a Ceasar salad. We didn’t have to worry about the time though. It seemed like the food was on our table as soon as we ordered it! And it was fantastic! The Sarnies looked like something you’d get in a Parisian Deli, and the Chicken Ceasar was THE-BEST-I-HAVE-EVER-SEEN!!!!! This was our work lunch so we couldn’t really get to taste anything from there cocktail menu, but, we will!
One thing I will say isw that it felt alittle empty here with few customers and lots of free tables. But I can only guess that this is because no-body knows about it yet. Im sure this will be our regular Friday luch in the future.
Great venu, I cant wait too come back to see the comedy and try some of those cocktails!!!!!!!!!

• Visited January 2011
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Cafe Glee”
Reviewed January 11, 2011

Came in on saturday for the first time since refurbishment and enjoyed the experience. We had tickets booked for the comedy in the evening, but arrived early to eat before the show. The cafe menu offered familiar pub grub and a specials board,boasting homemade deserts and classic bistro dishes. we ordered off both menus and found the cafe food to be presented and cooked to perfection and the specials board to be nothing less than special. It was a suprise, but a pleasant one and the comedy turned out to be good to, much better than most of what ive seen in nottingham,, the venue clean and the staff friendly. All in all, hard to fault, fully recommend an evevning at glee to anyone

Visited January 2011
1 Thank tjamesh1986
London, United Kingdom
“wacky- Shorditch in Nottingham, cool and welcoming great food!”
Reviewed November 25, 2010

Staff were very friendly, relaxed atmosphere, mix of old teles sideboards and furniture from the 20 -50s including a grand piano for small gigs. above average food served in a unique cafe. loved it