“Excellent Location”

Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Nottingham
Bourne, Lincs
“Excellent Location”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stopped in a suite for one night, to celebrate my birthday, and visit the Jongleurs Comedy Club. The hotel is in a great position for the city centre, close to bars, shops and restaurants. Also not far from the Lace Market Car Park.
Room clean...can't comment on food as didn't eat the hotel. Breakfast is charged at £15pp!
One thing to watch...we booked through late rooms and our paperwork said to check out by 12noon. At 11.30 reception were ringing our room to see why we hadn't checked out by 11am. Although it wasn't a problem, it is perhaps best to clarify when checking in.

Room Tip: Higher floors are the best for a decent nights sleep!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Linforth, Manager at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Polish first
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend away to celebrate a birthday. We couldn't have picked a hotel with a better location for shopping & bars & food.

It's a trendy hotel, good enough rooms for what you need & the iPod dock in the room was a nice touch as we could play our music while getting ready (we normally bring our own anyway.)
Breakfast was nice & there was a great selection & the breakfast hours were 7-11 which was brilliant after a heavy night.

I'd stay here again if it was slightly cheaper-that's the only downside.. Oh & the parking. There is none & you have to pay in a multi story. It's really expensive!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Linforth, Manager at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed May 8, 2013

this was my third time at the hotel, my second with mercure
i requested the same room i had before and i got it ...the desk folks are very cordial
why are the bath towels sooooooooooooooooooooo huge. it must be crazy trying towash them, you probably can only get two towels into the washing machine.
there should be instructions on houw to use the air conditioner and the towel bar etc.
need more shows on tv, like cable shows ...like the GOLD network
very very boring tv viewing
this time I did >>>>NOT<<<<get any cookie in my closet at night like the last visit...I looked forward to eating them every night but this visit.....there were NO cookies at all.
All and all it was a very very nice stay at the Mercure and I will return for sure.
I love that it is in the center of everything, and so happy that damn bar with the loud music is now closed ...
I miss getting the morning paper on the counter, the METRO is not as good as the regular paper.
Thank you.
carmen

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Linforth, Manager at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel was pleasant and the room and bathroom were of a good standard. My only issue was the room was freezing, there was an Air Conditioning unit that is used to both heat and cool the room, it was very loud when switched on and did not heat the room. If you stood under it you could feel a small bit of hot air, but after leaving it on for an hour and coming back to the room, it was still very cold in the room. The staff were helpful and showed me how to use the heating controls but there couldn't help the fact that the unit just wasn't suitable to heat the hotel room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed for one night in an Executive King Room (£95), it was fine although pretty uninspiring. The biggest downside was the bathroom which couldn't have been any smaller, no bath, just a shower, and overall very average.
The location is good and in walking distance to restaurants etc in the town.

Room Tip: Top floor is very quiet - no road noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
World traveler
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed here last Saturday with a group that included some seasoned business travellers. The hotel was perfectly situated in the city centre, close to all amenities. Very nice room, the bed was very good, I slept better then in my own bed!
All agred that staff were very friendly, even a very polite chambermaid that asked if I enjoyed my stay when I left my room, I love that sense of real hospitality. Breakfast was good and wel organised, some of the group used the Gym and said it had really nice and professional equipment in it.
This was a great choice, and offered very good value for money, highly recommended! Big thank you to Stuart & Chris for welcoming us and making us feel at home!

Room Tip: Spend a bit more and have an executive, room 102 was really nice and big!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Linforth, Manager at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013

West Midlands
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel with my mom for her birthday weekend. We had a fantastic stay at the Mecure Hotel it was very clean, the room was perfect and the location was even better! The staff were very helpful and friendly and will definitely be returning. Recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family