Holiday Inn Nottingham
$65
$62
$66
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Nottingham City Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
$60
St James Hotel(Nottingham)
$70
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Ibis Nottingham Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
$50
$49
Colwick Hall Hotel(Nottingham)
$88
Orbitz.com
All reviewsretail parkpizza hutcity centreexecutive roomtwo double bedscanal towpathhungry horsecastle marinaample free parkingair condecent hotelcomfortable staystayed one nightgood nights sleepreception staffhotel is situatedfull english
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed at Holiday Inn Nottingham castle marina a couple of night on business. Check in and check out was swift and professional. Room was the standard holiday inn affair, with the added bonus of some wonderful thick blackout curtains.

Service was polite.

Wifi is at an extra cost in the room, which I would have expected to be included in a hotel of this type. I didn't need to use it as I was on a 3g package.

There is free wifi in the small lobby (reception area) but it the signal was poor.

Breakfast was sufficient (if not a little steep for the choice). I found the greasy breakfast side of the breakfast room a bit too greasy for my liking, but the continental breakfast at the far end was very nice. I had to ask for my coffee twice the first day but it was very quick after that. I found the breakfast staff to be very efficient and flexible, with the option for a 'takeaway' continental breakfast which was perfect for me on the day of departure.

The hotel helps with organising taxis to the nearby conference centre (about £8-£12 each way depending on traffic) and train station.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear lia-p,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay. I’m glad you found check-in and check-out efficient and professionally. We’ve spent a lot of time focusing on guest experience and I’m glad we are starting to see the results. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the poor WiFi signal in the reception lobby, we have recently upgraded our internet system and on the whole we have seen a great improvement, I will certainly contact our internet supplier and inform them of your recent experience. I’m really happy you felt well looked after and ultimately had an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

We only stayed one night but our impressions were very favourable room was really nice, the staff very helpful and courteous,we had a great breakfast with plenty of choices for all tastes the morning waiting staff made us very welcome.We will definately use this for future concert nights out.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Clive T,

Thank you for your review. I’m really happy you felt well looked after and ultimately had an enjoyable stay with us. We find it very comforting and rewarding to receive such great feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Stayed one night on business, the hotel is on an leisure estate and I believe about 1 1/2 miles from the city centre.

There are quite a few places close by to eat.

The hotel appears dated with rooms having light carpet and white walls - not the best in high turnover hotels.

Staff were good and breakfast was also good.

Downside they closed the bar at midnight no late drink for residents.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear KevinLondon,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay. We endeavour to act on all the feedback we receive and it’s through comments such as yours that helps us to achieve and maintain high standards. Thank you for taking the time to communicate your recent experience and hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Used this hotel several times for a simple stopover and night out with family in City Centre.Previous visits have been ok but last visit (mid Jan 2014) was well below par.
Despite booking and paying in full online a week before (and commiting a no refund full payment) we still stood for 20mins at check-in whilst employee bumbled about on a computer,made us fill in forms,sign cards,produce credit card etc etc (why when all registered and paid online ?).Eventually found us a room on top floor (right next to lift).
Tv in room wouldn't work via remote-eventually managed to turn it on via a button on side-but couldn't change channels so gave up.Lamps (2) wouldn't work either,despite various combinations of on/off switching.Assorted stains on carpets.Plug mechanism in sink didn't function properly ,although these have been this way on previous visit.Curtains hanging off rail...need I go on.Only in the room 1 hour before going out for evening,then back-sleep-get up and gone so didn't have time or inclination to report faults...these rooms are just getting tired and worn...for a major chain it's getting pretty poor....we only go there once every few months but in future,I think we will go somewhere else....

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank boo2agoose2014
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear boo2agoose2014,

Thank you for your feedback. It’s a shame you were unable to bring the above issues to our attention during your stay as we would have done everything possible to resolve the problems. We always strive to deliver the best possible customer experience however it’s obvious that we fell short on this occasion. Please accept my sincerest apologies and I can assure you that I’ll be discussing your feedback with the team. I would really like to discuss your recent visit further and I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me on 0115 993 5000. Hopefully speak to you soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

One night stay surrounded by food pubs and a Sainsbury, good location. Ten minute walk into town walk towards Sainsbury entrance and go left.As do many hotels it has the usual doors that bang and wake everyone on the first exit in the morning but great staff plenty to eat at breakfast not a bad place at all.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear iantoes,