“Good enough for a stopover”

Holiday Inn Nottingham
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Although the rooms are small, mine was clean and comfortable enough. There is a charge for wifi in the rooms but it is free during very limited hours in the bar. Free and ample parking was an attraction. The location is opposite a large retail park and there is a bus stop a ten minute walk down the road should you wish to go to the town centre which is about a ten minute ride. In the other direction is the university of nottingham, which is 10 - 15 minutes via car. I didn't eat here but there is little to no choice of food within walking distance. The staff was reasonably friendly and check in/out went smoothly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Nottingham

Reviewed December 17, 2012

As I own a hotel myself, I am not easy to please. I could not fault the very friendly and helpful staff - even getting me the perfect feather pillow. Rooms were SPOTLESS and very comfortable. Breakfast lovely. Perfect position for fetching son from uni and plenty of choice of restaurants around to feed hungry boys.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Paul B, Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Penny P

I am absolutely delighted to receive your comments about the hotel and the team and I am certain they will be too when I pass your comments on to them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us on your next visit to see your son.

Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Location is a bit out of city centre and getting a taxi is a bit hit and miss. But the hotel itself is fine. Comfortable beds and I had the best nights sleep I have ever had in a hotel. Room was big warm and bath plus shower added to the comfort. Tv was old - a CRT device but had a good array of channels. Food was good both bar and breakfast. Hotel is being redecorated so it will be even better soon. Staff are first class nothing is too much trouble and deserve a mention.

• Stayed: December 2012
Paul B, Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Spongesdad

Thank you very much for your kind comments following your recent stay with us and I will certainly pass your comments on to the team.

I am delighted that you found the beds so comfortable and that you had such a good nights sleep. Our plans for 2013 include replacing all our old TV's with flatscreens and we are quite excited about that as it will certainly be a big improvement to our bedrooms.

I hope when you next visit Nottingham you will choose to stay with us again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

My room was clean and very comfortable.
Vegetarian meal in the evening was very good - imaginative and delicious.
Breakfast excellent - beautifully presented. ( Superb choice of fresh fruit salads & all breakfast items, actually )
All staff very polite and friendly. Restaurant staff very attentive.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear Vivien W

Thank you so much for your kind comments following your recent stay with us.

I know all the team will be delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and we all hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Nottingham.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We entertained our "scattered" family to lunch at this hotel. Twelve of us in total, so not too big. From the first contact the hotel were exceptionally attentive to our needs. All staff were pleasant and professional and nothing was too much trouble. The food was well presented and enjoyed by us all, except that Edwards pizza was too much for him. Still, he is only 5 years old. The kitchen staff, too, were attentive.
My wife and I decided we would stay the night of 24th September and the Executive room was clean well thought out and comfortable, as well as being good value for money.
After our family guests had left for their home in Bedfordshire and Worcestershire we wnt down to the bar, as you do. There was a group of loud men in the bar and I had to ask the barman to ask them to moderate their language. Can't blame the hotel for the language, but it was a pity I had to ask for action. All in it was an excellent visit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear brian_sellers

Thank you so much for your kind comments following your stay with us. I will be sure to pass them on to the team.

I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Any visit to a hotel is a snapshot of what its like at that particular time. I appreciate we must have picked a very bad night.

I went to my room at 10.15pm on a Saturday night and within 30 minutes guests were arguing loudly outside my room and it was quickly esculating. I called reception and they were waiting for someone else to come onto the desk before they could investigate, after 10 minutes the guests moved on

Similar incidents went on until 4am, at one point there was a fight in the corridor, I know the police came and some guests were evicted.

I know it's not the hotels fault how the guests behave, but I believe the evening could have been handled better if the hotel either put additional staff in place on a weekend or if this is a regular occurance employed security staff.

It wasn't the kind of hotel I would chance a second visit to.

Room Tip: Take some ear plugs and boxing gloves :)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SparkyG
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear SparkyG

I am sorry to hear that you had such an unpleasant stay with us on Saturday night.

As you quite rightly state, the cause of the disturbance was a group of people generally behaving badly in the hotel after a night out. It is very upsetting for us as a hotel to find that we have a group of individuals staying, who’s inexcusable behaviour results in guest’s like you having a disturbed night’s sleep.

We are in a quiet Marina location on the edge of the City so we do not normally experience the types of problems associated with nights out in the City Centre, hence the fact that we do not have security.

If you do decide to give us another opportunity to prove our hotel is relaxing, please telephone me personally.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Our family of 4 stayed here for two nights. It was too far to walk from the railway / bus station. Taxi costs £5.
The hotel itself is in a nice area beside the canal and across the road from Sainsburys. The reception and rooms are really clean and beds comfortable. We didn't eat here because there were so many places within 2 minutes walk.
Breakfast was varied and tasty with the usual hot food plus breads, cold meats, fruit salad etc.
The staff are very helpful and will give advice about the area if requested.
A good , inexpensive place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family