“Over the moon”

Ranked #58 of 1,268 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Nepali
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Namaste & Welcome Crowned by the world highest peaks the vibrant Himalayan Kingdom of Nepal remains almost the most enigmatic of countries to visit. The Gurkha Kitchen present an outstanding experience. Enjoy the pleasure of our cuisine.We offer a combination of traditional Nepalease recipes and delightful Indian dishes with a sedutiv western approach, carefully prepared by our Nepali chef ANDEEP and served to you in traditional surrounding by helpful and friendly Nepalese staff. Thank You Namaste !! We open on Sunday for Buffett from 1pm till 9pm !!
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I've had the odd takeaway from Gurkha but never sat down until this past week. The takeaways are delicious and I wasn't disappointed when I was seated in the Restaurant. The Staff are very friendly and welcoming. The food is pipping hot as it should be. And even left on a heat tray on your table to keep warm. Napalese seem to specialise in Tikka and I have to say its beautifully cooked food. I'm always open to try new things off the menu and last night I had Thulo Macha Special, which is a king prawn dish cooked in spiced garlic & creamy massala sauce. It was a lovely tasty dish. So far my favourite is Lekali Chicken. Hot/spicy dish cooked on the bone with Chillies, Tom's, Garlic and Ginger.
Overall I Love the Restaurant and there food. Im so glad its on my doorstep.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Wonderful food and delightful service evry single time !!! Been going to Gurkha Kitchen for 6 years and this is a great place to eat, the food and staff are first class wether eating in or takeaway.
If your looking for great food in Nottingham look no further.

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to the Gurkha Kitchen for 2 years but this is my first review. It has always been consistently five stars but tonight the food was so exceptional that I was prompted to set up a trip advisor account and say my piece.
The chef, Andeep brought a selection of starters ranging from spicy lamb to king prawn and spicy kebab. We also had the spicy and excellent Nepali chicken tikka masala and the votey chicken. The Gurkha Special Bhat rice was an essential edition as well as a soft and tasty peshwari nan.
The quality was second to none. I recommend the Gurkha Kitchen to anyone serious about their food.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We went here on a Sunday as a change to the normal Sunday lunch outing,as a party of 4, WoW !!, very impressed, buffet Food that was hot, flavoursome, and very appetising, next time we are in Nottingham will definately go again !!! Highly recomended !!!

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Even while the head chef was away in Nepal planning to build a new orphanage for Nepal's homeless children the wonderful staff and chefs at the Gurkha Kitchen continued to deliver.
Excellent food and friendly service. The Gurkhali that was made, just because I fancied something not on the menu was to die for. Well done all.