“Does what it says on the tin”
Review of Cotswold Hotel

Cotswold Hotel
Cotswold Hotel
Ranked #39 of 42 Nottingham B&B and Inns
bretby
“Does what it says on the tin”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Spent 1 night here as we had a night out planned in Nottingham. Check in was easy. Room was on the small side but couldn't fault the cleanliness of it. It was ideal for just 1 night. We both had a good nights sleep. Can't comment on the breakfast as we didn't have any but it is provided at £5 each. Bus stop nearby with a regular service into Nottingham.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Receptionist was very polite, helpful and welcoming, we were made to feel at ease throughout our stay. The room was very clean, minimalistic and a good size along with a good size bathroom, which I have foumd to be rare. We had a relaxing nights sleep with no disturbances and the room when all lights were off was totally dark and the bed was comfy. The breakfast was delivered in a timely fashion and was the perfect size and was cooked perfectly. I will definately visit here again for next years goose fair!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
sunbury on thames
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed one night on the 1st October room only. The room was small but clean with tea/coffee making facilities, wardrobe and bedside lights but very small. The en-suite was clean and had a very nice shower. The flat screen tv was not working, kept losing signal and the view from the window wasn't the best. I would look elsewhere the next time I stay in this area. BarryD (titan)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Got no sleep ,fire door right next out door ,this door was propt open people would go out there to smoke and drink(right next to out room),while four in the morning(celebrating a birthday)! I had the Robin Hood Marathon the next day,not Ideal preperation !.Dont go to this of you want to sleep at night,and not cheep !. As we left a gentleman was complaining about the same thing ,his final words were of you bad not taken the money form me ready,I would not pay ,you should pay me to stay here !.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank chickenlegs65

Travelers are raving about these Nottingham hotels

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed with friends during a test match visit. We wanted a triple room at low cost, and that's what we got. I think it worked out at a little over £26/person/night so we weren't expecting much, especially as the whole city was booked-up for The Ashes.
We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived! The staff were friendly, the room was clean and the beds were comfy. Every one managed to get a decent nights sleep on both nights. Be warned though - there is no air conditioning and we slept with the street-facing window open all night as it was warm weather. I'm not sure everyone could cope with the noise of the busy street but we were all fine. The bathroom was modern and clean and the electric shower worked perfectly.
We were offered a breakfast for £5 which we took out of convenience - it wasn't bad at all but I'm sure you could get bigger and better in the city if you wanted.
Would definitely stay again for that type of trip (boys cricket escape), not sure my other half would be quite so impressed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
midlands
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Old Hotel with nolift. Clean and tidy and weel maintained. No food taken so I have no comment on that front.The only member of staff I saw was helpful and pleasant.
My room was well equipt but was small and cramped and witout a window which resulted in a lack of air circulation and a very uncomfortable night.
Quaint room numbering sysyem. I was in room 5 which ajoined 15 and 25.

Room Tip: Limited parking. 8 places, I think.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Hotel clean and just a few bus stops from city centre. Room was dark. No natural light except in shower room. Walls paper thin and floors creak. We were disturbed by people above but I don't think they were particularly noisy. Breakfast an extra £10 and not very substantial. Price was double that advertised but this was a Saturday and hotel was full.
Staff polite and helpful. Wifi worked. Harder year loaned. Beds comfortable but noise kept us awake. Think this is good for stag/hen dos but not so for those wanting a good nights sleep.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends