“AGGRESSIVE Manager - Terrible Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Jalisco Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Jalisco Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“AGGRESSIVE Manager - Terrible Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

I am not usually one to complain at or about a restaurant, especially when it's a locally owned non-chain establishment. Unfortunately, i'll have to make an exception in this case.

My husband and i visited this weekend. We have been once before, about a year ago and had a good experience so we thought we'd try it again. The wait staff were wonderful, and the decor is really neat. The food and the manager were absolutely awful.

1st Problem - We ordered the wings and nachos as starters. The nachos were fine. Not exceptional, but nothing wrong with them. The wings, however, came out as strips of chicken breasts in a sauce. We brought this to the attention of our waitress who went back to the kitchen to notify the chef/manager/owner (all the same person). He told her that they've changed the wings to breasts because customers were complaining about the bones and hurting their teeth. A little strange, but fair enough. Just don't advertise them as WINGS.

2nd Problem - For our mains, my husband ordered the chili con carne and i ordered the chimichanga without sour cream because i absolutely despise it. Well, my dish came out with sour cream which was smeared all along one side of the chimichanga. I decided to just keep quiet, and wipe it off.

3rd Problem - My husband main dish was very unappetizing. The chili came out in what looked like a bed of oil/water. The actual bowl it came in was also piping hot as if it were microwaved as well.

At this point we were both fed up with the quality of the food, and decided to send the dishes back to the kitchen. When we went to pay, we asked to speak with the manager. The waitress advised us that he was busy, and it might be a while. We then said if he can't come out and speak with us we are just going to leave without paying. He then immediately came out from the kitchen in an extremely aggressive manner. He was actually yelling at my husband to a point where i took my phone out in case i needed to call the police! This is no exaggeration. I was frightened.

I am appalled at how this situation was handled, and will never return.

Needless to say, we both left the restaurant shaking, shocked and hungry.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank AngelaMJackson

“NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!! Unless I want a fight! ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

The lady that served us was perfect but sadly that's the only positive I have for this place. All the food was awful and when I asked to speak with the manager he wouldn't come out until I threatened to walk out without paying for anything. When he came out he was so aggressive. So much so I had to make sure the waitress would be witness to the event as I felt it was going to get violent. Thankfully for the manager/chef it didn't go down that route. I have never been made to feel this way as a paying customer and will never return. Please spend your hard earned cash somewhere where you will be treated better and more to the point where good food is served!

London, United Kingdom
“Good visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Visited this on Valentine's day. As expected it got busier as the evening went on but the food turned up quick and was tasty. The staff were smiley and friendly.
We ordered the calamari and beef burrito and which we found very decent. The rice and refried beans went well with the burrito.
They had a small amount of staff for how busy the restaurant was. It was a little hard to get the attention that was needed sometimes but it wasn't too bad.
The waiter brought us the wrong bill but when bringing us our actual bill, had taken off our drinks which was nice of them as it was understandable that they might've made a mistake.

2 Thank AChinaSoul
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Visited for a friend's birthday last Saturday night. Food arrived in good time and was reasonable - although the fried chillis stuffed with ricotta (started) left a lot to be desired. Chicken enchiladas were acceptable if a little sloppily prepared, not really spicy. Came with their special rice (which was actually quite good) and some "refried beans" which reminded me of a tuna panini filling :s

Reasonable atmosphere, a little overpriced for what it was. They managed to miss out one person's meal (there were 8 of us) but otherwise no massive complaints.

• Visited January 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good Night Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I came here with some co-workers and co-volunteers. It was on a Wednesday night but it was quite busy. The food was absolutely delicious and good value for money! I had chicken Rioja followed by ice cream. The service was good and the waiters were polite and friendly. There was a good atmosphere. I liked the background music - it wasn't loud so we were able to chat. I plan to go back when my family come to visit.

• Visited December 2013