“Value for money”

Langtry's
Ranked #439 of 1,345 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: British
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Have to agree with previous review of 30/1; a down to earth pub that serves good beer and great home made food. Service with a smile and good value for money!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

If your looking for a traditional pub that is a bit battered with a mishmash of different table and chairs then Langtry's is for you. I love the eccentricity of the place but above all it serves good beer, wine and food. Pound for pound it serves the best Fish chips and mushy peas around. To round all this off I have always had great service from the people behind the bar

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I went with my colleague to Langtry's a few Sunday's ago. We'd been working across the road, and not being familiar with Nottingham, we went to the nearest pub and we were glad we did! The barmaid was really helpful and recommended the beer of the month to us, which was a very good pint, so good we had a couple more than we should for a Sunday!
The pub is very traditional, a good English pub that you dont see very often anymore, and the customers seemed to be a mixture of locals and people like us just coming in for a pint. The barmaid managed to chat to everyone, so we didnt feel it was a 'locals only' pub though.
They were still serving food when we went in, which looked good, but after a couple of pints, the kitchen had closed so she drew us a map to the nearest curry house!
Overall, a great experience in a traditional pub, with fantastic staff, and good beer, we will go back!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Me and my husband went shopping in town and popped into Langtrys for lunch. We had a fish pie and the sausage casserole, both were lovely and fresh. The staff were friendly too. We will definitely be going back.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I recently visited this establishment as I was informed that it was a nice quiet place to have a drink. However, I was 'greated' by an extremely surly barmaid with ideas well above her station. Rude, conceited and seemed annoyed by the mere presence of customers. My friend and I sat at a table (after I had vistied the ladies which were absolutely grim) and began to enjoy our drinks. Our reverie was short lived- although it was half an hour before closing, the barmaid begain thrasing chairs on top of tables around us, then asked us to move to the bar so that she could clean our table. We did so, thinking the quicker we got out of there the better. But, here she comes again. 'I'm really going to need those glasses.' Needless to say, we shall not be returning.