“Ghastly service”

Langtry's
Ranked #689 of 1,266 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: British
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I recently visited this establishment as I was informed that it was a nice quiet place to have a drink. However, I was 'greated' by an extremely surly barmaid with ideas well above her station. Rude, conceited and seemed annoyed by the mere presence of customers. My friend and I sat at a table (after I had vistied the ladies which were absolutely grim) and began to enjoy our drinks. Our reverie was short lived- although it was half an hour before closing, the barmaid begain thrasing chairs on top of tables around us, then asked us to move to the bar so that she could clean our table. We did so, thinking the quicker we got out of there the better. But, here she comes again. 'I'm really going to need those glasses.' Needless to say, we shall not be returning.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Nottingham seems to have more than its fair share of excellent real ale pubs. This one is fantastic, not only is the selection good but the clients seem to appreciate the quality they are getting. A cask of Timothy Tailors Landlord was quaffed in an evening!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Friday 31st August 2012 drank here for years the beers cracking,very well kept,but it was the 1st time i have eaten here,might have also been the 1st time i have ever sat down at one of there tables.Good old fish & chips mushy peas x 2 less than £8,i have to admit it was very very good fresh,hot & cooked,My Son had a Sunday Dinner 2 days later which he said was also excellent not much over £6.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

I am a local and have frequented Langtreys for more years than I care to remember!
It is an interesting old place catering for all with the variety of drinks on offer at reasonable prices. It is not smart in any way but is a well patronised old pub with people of all ages. Had Sunday lunch there today which was very palatable and served piping hot without waiting too long for it to arrive. So if you like an honest no frills old fashioned pub then try it.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

Visiting Nottingham for one night only, I called in here to try to meet up with some people before a gig, but was unsuccessful in finding them and felt stared at as if an alien (Is Nottingham not accustomed to ladies having a drink on their own?). I had a quick half of Wychwood's Hobgoblin, which was well-kept. It seemed awfully busy for a Tuesday night, so they are either doing something very right or it's an ideal place for a quick stop-off after work. Excellent location, bang in the centre. A quick walk from everything.