“Superb place that’s off the beaten track”

Crafty Teller Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #496 of 1,525 Restaurants in Nottingham
Reviewed August 9, 2019 via mobile

Called in after a few friend recommendations and really glad we did.

The booths are eclectic and very comfy. Menu reads really well and lots of interesting items to order, you can tell a o lot of thoughts gone into it.

Wife has a cocktail which was excellent served with dried fruit garnish and I had a few pints of craft lager from Beavertown, very good! Food was excellently presented and tasted very good. You have to try the cheesecake to finish!!!

Great find, well done.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (32)

Reviewed July 16, 2019 via mobile

I visited here on Friday evening for dinner with family. I really like the drinks on offer and the table service for all drinks and food. However the food was so basic. I ordered the Katsu Curry which was really watery as the rice wasn’t drained properly. It sauce tasted nice but needed to be much thicker and more of it. The chicken was a little dry as it was over cooked.
My mum swapped the brioche bun for a ciabatta on her burger and it didn’t really work well. It wasn’t toasted or covered in sauce to moisten it. My boyfriend and step-dad had different variations of food but both included chilli which was apparently not very spicy and the veg chilli vegetables were aldenté.
The staff were lovely though and great atmosphere. The menu needs some work and so do the flavours.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank eleanoriona
Reviewed June 24, 2019

We visited on a busy Friday evening but had reserved a table, we decided to sample a few cocktails as it was 2for1. Ben behind the bar was simply Amazing, he knew everything there is to know about cocktails, offered to make ones that weren't on the menu, made everything we asked without having to look, could make several at a time and offer loads of advice, all with a smile!. The food was also very good, we had a selection of different meals, and no-one could fault anything, the prices were also very reasonable and there was a lively atmosphere. would recommend.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 15, 2019 via mobile

Located on the main Mansfield Road, Sherwood, just south of the Haydn Road junction.

A good few cask beers available. Along with other mainstream brands.

Good quality food served. Table service. However the fish and chips were slightly over cooked, verging on burnt, which meant the fish was dry and chips tasted charred. However the other 3 dishes ordered were cooked well.

Would visit again but the chef needs to take care with consistency.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2019

Crafty Teller is an interesting addition to Sherwood with its chic decor and lively atmosphere and my wife and I have already enjoyed a drink there on a few occasions since it opened earlier this year. The menu online sounds amazing so we decided to take some friends there for a meal on Saturday evening. We booked a table for 8pm, but on arriving were told there was no booking showing and after referencing Ben as the gentleman I spoke to, we were soon found a table. Having been given menus to peruse over, it came as a shock to find this version didn’t relate to the online menu which had shown a range of interesting dishes from around the world. We called the waitress over to be told they were having a few issues with the website. However it has to be said the food we ordered was delicious and good value for money and I especially enjoyed the Tapas dishes. Unfortunately our experience was marred further when we asked to look at the dessert menu and was told the kitchen had just closed at 9pm. I’d never encountered this anywhere before and it would have been nice to have been given advance warning in case we wished to order dessert. Our experience well and truly over, we moved on - minus those extra calories we were craving for.

Date of visit: May 2019