Sunny Mount Bed and Breakfast
Lindum House(Nottingham)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsb bforest suitebaby grand pianobig corner bathtasted lovelyexcellent breakfaston arrivalenjoyed our staystayed nightsfull englishnice roomnottingham city centrepleasant staysaturday nightfridgebedroomensuite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Me and my partner stayed here for a weekend away and we couldn't fault it. We stayed in the forest room which was lovely. Nicely decorated, apart from one of the walls could have done with a touch up but gorgeous spacious bathroom and , wonderful bed with memory foam mattress.The breakfast was gorgeous, very tasty and beautifully presented from the bacon down to the jams and butters. The 2 ladies were lovely, kind and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The b&b was literally a 5 minute walk from the bus stop which took us straight into town (10min journey) and cost £4.40 for both of us for all day travel. Loved staying here, wish I could have stayed longer but if I ever go back to nottingham we would definitely be staying there :-)

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Juicylucy1601
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Saturday 15/12/12
Elegance
After staying at Sunny Mount both my husband and I fully enjoyed such a beautiful and elegant place to stay.
After a hard working week at work this was such wonderful short break to recharge are batteries. The bedroom was chic and we had a exerllent nights sleep.
If you like a place to be modern and chic this is the place to stay.
Breakfast 10/10

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was at the back of the house lovely and warm with a great bathroom.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda S
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with a colleague in December as we were attending a Christmas party in Nottingham city centre. We both received a very friendly welcome before being shown to our superb rooms. Rooms were very well equipped, clean and tidy. In our rooms were small leaflets containing some valuable local information, taxi numbers etc. We had a taxi into town from here and it cost just a couple of pounds each. Also in our rooms we filled in a simple form to advise what and when we would like our breakfast the following morning. The choice was great and to sum the breakfast up in one word I'd have to say perfect! Definitely worth visiting this B&B for the breakfast alone. All in all I wouldn't hesitate using this B&B again should I be in Nottingham.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here a couple of times and really enjoyed it. The house was so clean and the staff very helpful. Breakfast was beautifully presented and tasted good to. I would recommend this B n B to any one wanting to stay in Nottingham.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sammy B
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Made a booking for a one night stay at this B&B via booking.com Turned up at the B&B on a cold Saturday afternoon only to find the landlady puzzled at why people had turned up. Instead of inviting us into the warmth of the B&B, she stood as at the door with our luggage in hand for at least 10 mins to understand why we were there as she was not expecting anybody.

She insisted that there was no fault of theirs and booking.com had messed up our booking. I called up booking.com customer service and they insist that they have 3 different methods (fax, same booking system and email) by which they inform all B&B owners of any bookings received (and that they had received a delivery receipt for the fax).

We received a cold welcome into the B&B (I don't think the owner smiled much at all during our stay) and were left on our own for half an hour whilst they tried to understand what the issue was (this was even though they did have an empty room within the B&B in any case). The owner did serve us tea in the end.

We were then shown to a room which was small and very cold - I asked about the heating a couple of times and the owner just pointed me to the knobs either side of the heaters and it took us a good half an hour to get it all working. The bathroom was tiny and freezing (with no heating whatsoever).

As part of my call to booking.com I requested compensation from the owner for the terrible reception on arrival and making us wait half an hour. She apparently explained to booking.com that there was very little difference between the room we would have got had they known about the booking and this one we had now been placed in. Although she acknowledged that she had been caught off guard, she didn't think that poor customer service justifies some compensation! She also informed booking.com that 'she would make it up to us at breakfast'. We noticed no extra effort!

I was really upset because through no fault of ours, we were inconvenienced, made to feel completely unwelcome (almost unwanted) and still paid for the room in full.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends