“A lovely meal on comfortable surroundings”
Review of The Banyan Tree

The Banyan Tree
Ranked #222 of 1,449 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Description: Nottingham based stylish Indian restaurant focused on bringing the best fresh ingredients to your plate.At The Banyan Tree our aim is to bring an innovative accessible menu of the highest quality food and an expertly chosen wine list to our diners in elegant& stylish surroundings, all at a reasonable cost to you.We take our food very very seriously. All our food is cooked to order. And our expert chefs use only the finest ingredients, sourced locally from the most reputable butchers, greengrocers,and from carefully sourced specialist food suppliers.Our guarantee to you: The banyan Tree use only the finest and freshest ingredients in the preparation of our food.The difference is on the plate.We have a sister restaurant in mansfield,The Mangrove based on Dame flogan street.
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We have past this restaurant many times and decide to visit this evening for a birthday meal. There are a wide range of choices, I checked the menu in advance on their web site so knew what I wanted in advance. The pom-poms with pickles we started with we're very good. The mixed platter sharing starter was excellent as was my chicken variation on a korma off the chef's signature menu. The house biryani that my table companions had was also excellent. The helpings were all very generous. Overall lovely food, nicely presented.
The staff were all very polite and looked after us very well.
My only comment would be as other have said the service is a little slow, this is relaxing meal. The ambience is lovely and the seating comfortable so be prepared to sit back and enjoy good food and service.

There are newer reviews for The Banyan Tree

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Every visit we have made to the Banyan Tree has been superb, it fast became our favourite Indian restaurant after we discovered it.
The food is always excellent, (although they sometimes don't have my pistachio kulfi for dessert) we have never been disappointed with our meals.
The staff are attentive, polite and friendly. The restaurant is modern and has a lovely atmosphere.
There is plenty of free parking, even at busy times.
I recommend the Banyan Tree for a romantic meal :o)
The only problem I have is choosing from the extensive menu! We also have take aways from here and they are very nice too.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have dined at this restaurant twice and on both occasions have been impressed by the attention I have received from the management and staff. The menu is quite extensive and I found reasonably priced. The restaurant is quite large with plenty of room between each table on which there are tablecloths and linen napkins. The Banyan Tree is situated someway behind a service station on the north side of Red Hill, but don't let this put you off! Try it for yourself, I think you will be impressed. There is plenty of car parking room too.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The food is good and the staff are really friendly, but service is so SLOW. We had a table for six booked for 7.30 pm. OK, we took a long time deciding what to have and I'd estimate we didn't put our order in until 8.00 pm. We got our starters at 8.45 pm, and wasn't eating our main course until around 10.00 pm! We had to ask for our starters, we had to ask for our mains, we had to ask for drinks. Yes, the tables were full, but the restaurant isn't that big and they seemed to have plenty of staff. On the plus side the food is nice, they did give us a free round of drinks to make up for the wait, and it was my birthday so they brought out a cake for me. However, unless I book a table for 6.00 pm for my next visit I probably won't return because of eating so late.

Shirajul i, Owner at The Banyan Tree, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Please accept our whole hearted apologies for the disappointing experience we have provided you on Saturday night.

We have of course taken all the comments on board and will apply changes to our way of doing things straight away. We at The Banyan Tree set our self’s a high standard and I apologize for falling below them. We are working very hard at making sure that these kinds of delays do not occur again. We try to serve starters within 20 minutes of your order being taken and main courses within 45 minutes. We always like to make sure that everyone goes away happy from The Banyan Tree, I hope the drinks and birthday cake went a little way into making your night better. I hope you do come to dine at The Banyan Tree again to see that these kinds of delays are not a regular occurance.This of course does not explain the mistakes and once more please accept my personal apology.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Friendly and efficient staff, nice interior and atmosphere.
The food was average had better but also had worse.