“POKER HEAVEN”
Review of Dusk till Dawn

Dusk till Dawn
Ranked #51 of 132 things to do in Nottingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Dusk Till Dawn is a 45 table capacity poker club running regular fully dealer dealt tournaments and cash games. There is on site free parking, a sheltered smoking area, friendly reception and cashier desks, live blackjack and roulette, electronic gaming and a selection of slot machines.Also on site there is a high quality bar with food available, and a valet service for those at the tables.
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“POKER HEAVEN”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Has everything a Poker player wants and more with a casino. All ranges of tournaments from beginner to Professional and all ranges of prize money from a few hundred pounds to a million can be won. Nice clean facilities provided

Visited May 2013
1 Thank PAULDGIB63

Thornaby on Tees, United Kingdom
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Could be easily improved”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Facilities for poker playing are great but then this is a poker club. There are a few roulette tables, blackjack tables and a few slots mainly used as time fillers in the poker breaks but this is not a casino. Bar is reasonable although not cheap and the wine choice is limited. Food is a reasonable price and a good standard. However the staff are very abrupt to the point of rudeness. They almost threw my plate of food at me and didn't ask if I wanted any condiments or come back to check if all was ok. Not once did anyone approach to ask if I wanted a drink despite playing roulette and slots most of the night whilst my husband played poker. My husband said valet table service was slow and there was only two girls waiting on the tables. Come on a smile costs nothing and a bit of customer service wouldn't go amiss to improve the experience, especially as people often travel a long way to get to the club.

Visited April 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great venue”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is by far the best place to play poker in Nottingham. I am actually there this weekend for the finals of the poker league.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Ian H
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Not a Casino”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We visited Dusk till dawn to play poker for my girlfriends birthday however when we got there we were told the tournament was full and we were there half an hour before scheduled start. Speaking to other people there this seems to happen a lot and for the 'biggest poker room in Europe' this is pretty disappointing really.

The other options available to the poker are practically none and when we had drove an hour and a half to get there we didnt want to go home, there are more slot machines at the local service station and there was 1 blackjack table and a couple of roulette tables.

We did end up in a cash game later in the night which was ok but all in all not the best experience only go if you register for a game before hand would be my advice.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank add200
Stafford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Bad experience”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I traveled 2 hours to this Casino for my birthday to play the 8pm poker tournament on a Saturday, me and my boyfriend got there about 19:40 we had to register then went to the cash desk to buy in. Was told my the cashier that the tournament had sold out and when explaining it was my birthday and we had come a long way she showed no sympathy or remorse. We went to find the table games - Blackjack in particular to which was shocked that there were only 2 tables in the whole casino? Not a great start seems i was told it was one of the largest casinos in the UK
Anyway, i complained to a Manager who said he wasnt sure what had been going on cus he came on shift, again not great customer service then when coming out of the ladies room another manager told me to follow him. He took me to the cash desk and said get her in on the tournament please, as much as it was appreciated i rejected as did not want to leave my boyfriend hours on end when we came to celebrate together.
I ended up playing cash poker in the end which i did good on however was very dissapointed they kicked us off about 3am!!

All in all , crap Casino and will certainly not be going back there agian, wish i had gone to Birmingham Star City Casino or my usual Gala, just fancied a change but never trust your instinct!

Visited August 2012