“Authentic Greek food!”

Ranked #8 of 1,345 Restaurants in Nottingham
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We come from Greece and we've lived in Nottingham for almost two years now. We cook at home and to be honest we were a little hesitant as far as Greek restaurants go because they usually overcharge tiny portions for food that we can easily cook at home. Yamas, however, came highly recommended so we decided to give it a try! The surroundings are wonderful, everyone is very welcoming and the food is really tasty. Authentic greek recipes, the portions are just fine and the lunch menu with the mezze portions is more than fulfilling. The prices are not too high, so I would highly recommend this place if you want to taste Greek food in Nottingham!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,339)

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

What a great place. Fine tapas food, friendly service and atmosphere, and reasonable prices. Worth a visit

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We visited Yamas and found the food to be fantastic, the prices are good and you are made to feel welcome - we wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This really was a wonderful evening, due largely to the warm and incredibly effecient staff & owners. As a large group of 16 or so- with a vegetarian, gluten free diner in the mix, the staff at Yamas delivered really lovely food out speedily without any fuss, making great substitutions for those who required it without any issues whatsoever.
We had the 14 course mezze dinner for £16.95, and it was so, so, so filling. But lovely, with generous portions and really flavoursome food. My personal favourite was the rice dish with cheese on top or possible the battered halloumi which was decadent and authentic.

There was a great atmostsphere, and I really reccomend coming here with friends, family, or partner; the owners are so welcoming and the food so nice for everyone's taste, that you won't regret choosing Yamas over anywhere else in Nottingham for a good price, and great value meal.

1  Thank Viennaberry
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I believe it was the owner who welcomed us in, and also came and said thanks and good bye with a handshake as we were leaving. He also took our coats for us as we sat down - small attention to details that didn't go unnoticed. He was friendly and charming, as were the rest of his staff. The restaurant decor was pleasant enough, but nothing to get excited about, but the food and the attention from staff are what we felt this restaurant wins on. We had some nice Greek Meze food, all of it was really nice and tasted freshly done. I have spent a lot of time in Greece, maybe 4-5 months in total and I like the Greek way/nature and I like thier cuisine, this restaurant was just the thing for me, and my partner who hasn't been to Greece found the menu, atmosphere and food just as enjoyable as I did.
There are two floors, downstairs was nearly full and had a nice atmosphere, upstairs was empty and we didnt fancy being the only diners so asked for a table downstairs, the owner was happy to split a table for 6 into a 4 and a 2 so we could sit where we wanted to.

If you like Greek food this is definitely worth a try, if you like fine dining at the Ritz or up market decor, then perhaps think twice.

One peice of advice I would offer to the owner, is that the soft drink menu is limited, some sparkling Elderflower, or non alcoholic Crabbes ginger beer would have been nice for us. Something differnt to the coke/lemonade options that are there.

We will definitely go back and are actively looking forward to our next visit.