“Random night”

Cuisines: Polish
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2019

Went Krakow recently this year and have been craving polish dumplings (Pierogi) for months! Got to say for a last minute decision this place didn’t disappoin!

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank Danny J
Write a reviewReviews (654)

Reviewed July 17, 2019

A wonderful restaurant, good service and great home cooked Polish food. The baked cheesecake was huge and very delicious. The mains came with fresh salads which was a nice touch. I'd definitely go there again.

1  Thank NicNacNoodle85
Reviewed July 16, 2019

There was nothing wrong with Ania, but just not quite my cup of tea. The food I sampled was simplistic, home cooked style, which although highly rated by others and my companions, didn't quite seem value for money (£13.95 for meat and a small amount of veg) - but that is MY opinion of the food I ordered.
Hadn't had Tyskie lager for years, and now I remember why!!
Ania herself was friendly after a fairly cold reception, and became warmer as the evening went on.
We went on a recommendation, but honestly I wouldn't go back anytime soon. Each to their own eh?

1  Thank Anonymous T
Reviewed July 14, 2019 via mobile

Been here three times in six months. I break my journey in Nottingham on the way to Southsea from Northumberland.

Being ancient I can spend loads of time looking for treats. Whilst not Polish I have eaten the food for nearly sixty years. If it is good I eat it, food is good, ladies who serve you are very pleasant. Some dishes take a while but if you want fast plastic food go to a vending machine. GREAT value for money. Ask advice before you choose your dishes. Looks simple but it is not. So pleased we found this restaurant as our Polish closed.

Next Polish we have will be in York but are planning a visit to Nottingham just to have a meal here. One word of warning the portions are huge.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed July 13, 2019 via mobile

Great food, service okay but the food does take a while for it to arrive once ordered. I believe there is only one person in the kitchen doing starters, mains and desserts.