“Excellent all round”

Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here many times and yet have not had a bad meal.
The staff are always friendly and food hot and fresh.
Just had an excellent Sunday lunch here today.
Saves cooking at home and well priced too.
Keep up the good work!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Arrived at almost 8 o'clock on a thursday evening to await my colleague. The place was already busy, unusually so for a weeknight. I got a pint and a menu, found a table in a corner and awaited my colleague who is always late. When he eventually rocked up we wasted no time in placing our orders as it was already 8.30 and they were pretty busy.
The waitresses were friendly (and easy on the eye for all you sexists out there). Our food arrived reasonably quickly; John had pork medallions which looked a bit frugal, but he pronounced it absolutely delicious then started nicking my chips. Actually i didn't mind as I'd ordered the lasagne and bumped the salad in favour of chips with it, and the portions was more than generous, of both the lasagne and the chips. The chips were crisp on the outside and fluffy in the middle..... Just right. The Lasagne itself was one of the best I can remember tasting, really meaty and cheesy with an excellent bechamel sauce, and it was a challenge to finish it, but one that I rose to with alacrity! The waitress had almost to be forced to take the tip afterwards too....
I shall certainly be a more regular vistor on the strength of this experience....

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Having read a couple of reviews of this restaurant i was delighted to find none of it seemed anything like what was portrayed in those reviews.
The staff where pleasant and very attentive the landlady was a delight but best of all the food was superb my ribeye arrived cooked to perfection and was i must say the best i have ever had and being a serious meat eater i can say that it was define.
If you are in the area give this place a visit you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Slow service. Waited over 30 minutes at lunchtime for a simple chip butty. When it arrived, no chips but cemated southern fried wedges instead. Tried an evening meal three weeks later with friends. The steak was recommended but very fatty so a lot was wasted. Really disappointed - I won't be eating there again in a hurry.

2  Thank Magellan2012
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have just had a great Bank holiday lunch. The Tempura mixed vegtables with dips was light a great starter. My sirloin steak was cooked to perfection and the chips were crispy. All washed down with a very reasonable Vin De Pays. Staff very attentive organised by Rachel, a good atmosphere. Afterwards we sat in the garden, lots of seats and a BBQ going on as well. Great way to spend a Bank Holiday. Our son had to pick us up!