“Amazing food and service. Great value and fantastic atmosphere. The real deal.”
Review of Yiannis - CLOSED

Yiannis
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Ate at both restaurants - sherwood and beeston. I would highly recommend a visit and once you've been I know you would want to go back.
The food is fresh, tasty and great value for money. The service was fantastic.
We have lots of places to eat in Nottingham and I've eaten at quite a few but this is definitely one of my favourites.

1  Thank Aimee111

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went to Yannis Beeston last night, for a special occasion. We loved the food, the lamb augolemono was really suberb, it could not have been cooked better. Everyone who had the steak also loved it, the accompanying vegetables and the potatoes were melting in your mouth. If you want a restaurant that offers fresh, home made food with a Greek twist then this is the place to visit. We have been to the Sherwood restaurant many times as well, the only difference is that the second place resembles a traditional Greek tavern more, whereas the Beeston restaurant is meant to acommodate a broader range of tastes in decoration. Thank you for the lovely evening!

1  Thank Sophia Z
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We have finally given up on chain pubs and restaurants. They don't care that they knock out muck and charge a fortune. Find yourself a nice family run place like this and you will never go back.
Lovely friendly service.
It was our first time here so we tried the meat Mezze...the courses kept coming and coming...all fresh and home made. Great prices too.
We will be back,

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I regularly visit Nottingham on business and look for somewhere to eat. A colleague highly recommended Yiannis. I went and arrived at 6.00 pm on a cold icy night in mid January and was welcomed by one of the chefs who due to the weather was initially on his own. Rapidly other diners arrived and as my colleague had said not only were the staff friendly and efficient, but the diners were all pleasant and happy to chat. The specials on the night included the best scallop dish I have had anywhere. Perfectly cooked and excellent presentation. The lamb shanks were good and rustic. The house wines were fine and the price seemed appropriate. The ambiance is a little dated but at least the music was not intrusive. I will certainly go again.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I tried this restaurant out with a group of friends and from the start it went down hill. We were crammed in the back room with another large party and i think they were over ambitious with how many people they could accommodate for. The waiters / waitresses could barely get through to serve you and rather annoyingly banged your chair constantly.
The food was of average standard, halloumi for starter was rubbery and could barely cut it, my main meal of mixed kebab was cold and not very appetizing, creme brulee for pudding was the consistency of a bowl of custard. I did send my pudding back and was told that it was the "Greek way". I was offered an alternative and was told that my choice had sold out so basically had to go without. I think i will give this restaurant a miss in the future.

4  Thank sanddancer74