“Simple AMAZING!!!!”
Review of Kushi-ya

Kushi-ya
Ranked #96 of 1,537 Restaurants in Nottingham
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Yes, I admit it: I am a huge fan, and gave probably been here dozens of times. Incredible beautiful food. Original. Great produce. Intricate culinary skills. If you are a real foodie: do not miss this - some dishes are signature dishes, and will become classics in due course. Owner and head co-chef Simon is a genius. He worked for many years at Iberico restaurant and created some iconic dishes here too. He is now doing this for his own business and if you like fusion, and creativity, different tastes, artistry, and - at times - gorgeous presentation: go and have a look and see what you think. Prices are too cheap for what Kushi-ya offers. No doubt this will change in the future.
Staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. Always pleased to serve. Great choice of wines and beers and sakes too!!
Never disappoints!
Do not miss it.
Once it gets a star most people won't be able to afford it!!!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (93)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I'm so glad I found this gem! Just what I needed in my life. The nori crisps are so addictive and the prawn toast just delicious. We had the
Tsukune / tofu tsukune, tare, egg yolk which I actually ended up drinking from the plate as I didn't want to waste a drop. We also tried the chicken hearts which was a first and so tender. Beautiful this was accompanied by the plum wine cocktail, very heady! An absolute must if you're in Nottingham.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a hidden little beauty. One of my clients recommended this place to me and I’m so glad I went. The food was absolutely incredible, fresh and authentic tasting. To top it off the dessert of tira miso was just gorgeous I could have preserved another one. Can’t wait to come back here!

Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

Came here on the recommendation of friends, and it is easily one of the best restaurants in the city right now. Interesting take on Japanese cuisine, beautifully cooked and presented. Staff are friendly and knowledgeable. And the parfait is one of the best desserts I've had in years. Will definitely return.

Reviewed August 30, 2019

Read the reviews and visited twice so far...nice independent place to eat with reasonably priced food. Always welcomed by friendly team and happy to help when you’re stuck on what to eat....choices are albeit limited however the quality of the food far outweighs this, and I always think when you go somewhere where there’s an extensive menu the likelihood is that the food isn’t always fresh. At Kushi-ya there is clearly a lot of pride that goes into the food from the presentation to the perfectly matched menu items

Date of visit: August 2019