“The fusion experience”

The Cumin Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cumin Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,286 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Description: The Cumin Indian Restaurant Authentic North Indian
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Fantastic flavours again at The Cumin. The lamb korma is not like any other korma I've had - full of flavour without the heavy creamy sauce.
The trademark of this restaurant is the fusion of the flavours without being overwhelmed by heavy sauces. The fish is particularly good too!
I'm working my way through the menu - looking forward to the next visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,490)

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The location is smaller than I expected, which led to a cramped feel. The atmosphere isn't superb either. Staff are very friendly and the food was well presented. The menu is a little restricted and offers far fewer main course options than most Indian restaurants. There is no real 'wow' factor and this was a little disappointing - giving that it's rated so highly on trip-advisor.

All-in-all, it's a well priced meal and is a good Indian. However, there are definitely better restaurants available, for example Spices in Wollaton which is exceptional and offer a far better menu, and quality of food. 3/5 for me.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I ate here on Saturday night after reading all the good reviews on tripadvisor. The food and service matched up to what other reviewers had said. The food was fantastic and reasonably priced.Will be visiting again next time we are in Nottingham.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We visited Cumin on a Tuesday, and so my girlfriend could only have vegetarian food. This is usually a problem for me as I am a significant fan of meat.

We spoke to the owner who was a very nice man. He explained the menu and tried to match dishes to our pallete. I was very impressed with the service.

The restaurant is quite small, but it didn't seem to make too much of a difference. We could also see the kitchen and even watch some of the cooking, which was a bonus.

The daal makhni, bindi masala and tava aloo raviya were all very good, and with the naan's went down a treat. I was less impressed with the Vegetable samosa's.

Bill came to approximately £40 for the 2 of us.

Overall, I really enjoyed the food here, as did my girlfriend. She always wants to come back, and we may well do on our next visit to Nottingham.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Being a big fan of Inidian cuisine, I was really looking forward to one of Nottingham's most recommended proponents of the genre.

The food was all very good and tasty. The chicken tender and the naan well cooked, but it did not go beyond that. I woulld have to say that it was good but not outstanding, with one exception. My wife went for a vegetable jalfrezi and that really was excellent, with beautiful freshly prepared vegetables, which are all too often appear to come out of a packet in many English Indian restaurants.

A particular dislike of mine was the oilyness of the dishes. I know that it is a Punjabi style to have very rich dishes, but my experience is that it is possible to achieve good tasty dishes without the need for a gallon of ghee.