“Tantalisingly Tasty Takeaway”
Review of Rakki Rakkas

Rakki Rakkas
Ranked #165 of 1,524 Restaurants in Nottingham
Reviewed August 14, 2019

As first time takeaway customers, we can't praise our food highly enough. Chicken shish and a chicken combo (shish and beyti), well cooked, still moist and the beyti was nicely spiced. It was great to construct our own meal as everything (bread, salad, sauces, meat and chips/rice) was served in separate containers. Waiting time was minimal - around 10 minutes. Brilliant considering they were flat out with restaurant food prep too.

Observing the restaurant area, it was really busy and all the people I saw in there looked happy with their food, service seemed attentive (it was a Tuesday evening) and customers were greeted promptly when they came in the door. It would seem that if you want to eat in, it might be a good idea to book a table in advance!

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (123)

Reviewed August 1, 2019 via mobile

We've eaten here a couple of times and worked out what we like (lamb chops and chicken souvlaki). Very disappointed to get the lamb chops, missing a chop (4 instead of 5). When I asked, they said that the chef had dropped it. They then cooked another. I'm frustrated that they didn't explain and do it automatically (instead of seeing if I noticed). We also didn't receive our salad - we had to ask. When we enquired about the above, they were not bothered. Lastly, we had to ask for the bill numerous times. The food is pretty tasty but the execution and service was poor. We did not have a relaxing meal. Don't bother.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 29, 2019

We love Rakki Rakkas. Nice, fresh looking restaurant (also takeaway), friendly staff and really good food. No wonder it gets so busy. I'm coeliac so I have chopped cucumber instead of pittas with the starter dips. The salads are always good. My favourite main is vegetable kebab with chips (chips gf but not the rice, though guess i could ask for plain rice). I've also had a number of their chicken kebabs.... all good. The house red is delicious too - what's not to love?

Reviewed July 24, 2019

Is it a cafe, a restaurant or a take away? It's all of those but it does feel a bit strange. It's not the sort of place where you could happily spend a whole evening.
The food was great. We all loved it and it was good value. We didn't have wine because even the house wine was ridiculously expensive.
However there were some problems. The hot bread which came with the starters arrived when we had nearly finished them. We had to ask for the salad that was supposed to come with the main courses, and one main course was somehow forgotten about. It must have been obvious to the staff that one of us was sitting there with no food but nobody seemed to notice or if they did, they didn't care.
I would buy a take away from them but as a restaurant it doesn't work for me.

Reviewed July 21, 2019 via mobile

I visited this lovely eatery with my granddaughter, who lives in Nottingham. She said she’d been there several times before and it was always good. She was completely correct. I had a chicken dish with rice, salad and couscous and salad. It was large. My granddaughter had the mixed donner and chips. Again it was large! Thank goodness we didn’t have a starter as they brought nibbles, which were large! The nibbles were a large basket of fresh, warm home made pitta bread with mixed chilli, hummus and another vegetable thing - I’m not exactly sure what but it went down a treat.
No wonder this restaurant is busy. Next time I’m in Nottingham, I’m definitely going there again and I’m making a booking to ensure we get in. It’s a pleasure to say I’ll look forward to returning to such a great restaurant.