“Devine”

Restaurant Sat Bains
Ranked #5 of 1,405 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A Two Star Michelin restaurant serving modern British cuisine with eight bedrooms. Lunch on Chef's, Kitchen table or Nucleus. Wednesday to Saturday From 12.00 Noon. Dinner Wednesday to Thursday 6.30 Pm - 9.00 Pm. Friday and Saturday 6.00 Pm - 9.45 Pm. Booking Essential.
Nottingham
“Devine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

As expected the food and service were immaculate. Imaginative, creative and an amazing journey of taste. For me the beetroot ice-cream stole the show. It was a really memorable wedding anniversary which was topped off by being welcomed into the kitchen to meet Sat himself. Thank you

1 Thank Whizzmethere

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Very Tasty and Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I did really enjoy my experience, we had the 10 course taster menu but being students couldn't afford all the extra courses. We were greeted politely at the door and shown to the lounge area to get our drinks and choose the menus, not knowing much about wine, we said what tastes we enjoyed and were recommended a nice wine.

The service at the table was good but when compared to The Fat Duck, it was lacking.
The food as well was very tasty and different, each course had a good flavour combination, Although I left satisfied I would have thought after a 10 course meal I would be full.

My only complaint is that we weren't invited back in to the kitchen, something I saw other customers asked to do and have seen on this forum. It makes me wonder why?

But overall, the food, drink and service was good, but before I go back, I'd like to check out some of the other Michelin Star restaurants.

2 Thank RhiannaKaur
Nottingham
“Not really fair...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Places that hold accolades like Michelin stars are always going to be different; better, of course, but they always cause a stir.

Sat's main gripe with most is the expense. All in all, it's a destination restaurant. People travel for it. It's pioneering in terms of food but most of all - it's exciting.

Striking dishes are executed well, often perfectly, and he and the restaurant deserve their national and worldwide recognition.

Save up; don't go to your usual eatery for a good four months - go here once, have the duck egg for an extra fourteen quid, and if you can then do the wine flight.

It's a once in a lifetime thing for most, perhaps that's this restaurant's biggest shame.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank mdotroa
Staffordshire
“Tripadvisor need a sixth star for places like this”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Once you visit a restaurant like Sat Bains, you realise that all other 5-star reviews you've given need to be downgraded. We've visited a few Michelin-starred restauarants now and this remains my favourite.

The wine-tasting menu was a fabulous complement to the taster-menu and the sommelier was so knowledgable and enthusiastic about his trade that it really made the whole evening even more of an event.

The food is so exceptional, you can throw away any pre-conceived ideas of what types of food you would normally enjoy. I ate things at Sat Bains that i've never had before in my life - some of which are quite possibly the finest courses I've ever sampled.

Can't wait to go back - it's a very expensive meal and worth every penny.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank jonnylegend
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food, couldnt fault our meal and stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My boyfriend suprised me on Valentines day with a trip to Sat Baines resturant in Nottingham.
We love our fine dining and have been to a few 1 michelin star resturants but never a 2 star - so as you can imagine we were really looking forward to the experience.
Arriving to the location, it was a little strange - sort of hidden away in an industrial estate.
However, none of this matters once you're there as everything else more than makes up for it.
As we live an hour or so away, we decided to stay over for the night in one of their 8 bedrooms and the superior room my boyfriend had booked was so lovely! There was a 4 poster bed, beautiful decor, robes, etc etc...
Amanda checked us in and was extremely friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Fresh brownies were brought to our room once we got settled which were gorgeous! It certainly got us both excited for the meal.
We opted for the 8 course taster menu and they more than catered for my allergy to Shellfish, slightly altering my menu to suit my dietry requirements.
We were asked if we wanted to add on an extra course - the famous 62 degree duck egg which he won as starter on the Great British Menu... our reply - Ofcourse! How could we not?!
And honestly, one of the best dishes I have ever tried, it was beautiful.
All in all - the food was exquisite. It took your taste buds on a crazy journey that is simply impossible to explain to someone who hasnt tried it themselves.
It was certainly a valetines meal I will never forget and I feel the resturant deserves to be rated 3rd best in the country!
If you are planning on visiting, please do not hestitate... you wont be dissapointed.
Lovely food, service and stay from start to finish.
We are thinking of returning to the chefs table with our friends soon.

Thanks Sat, Amanda and the team