“Excellent food, good service”
Review of Yod Siam - CLOSED

Yod Siam
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
“Excellent food, good service”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Wide menu choice, good quality tasting thai food comparable with some of the best in nottingham. But not THE best. Prices are reasonable, being slightly to the higher end for the portion sizes you get. The ambience is quite good though its only a small restaurant so it can feel a bit crowded if its full. The £10 all you can eat buffet on sundays is good value though the options are limited and better to go early evening, as when i went late one night the food had been out for quite a while and i had to ask for some new stuff to be cooked. All in all a good quality thai restaurant with experienced friendly staff. Could do with a make over inside as its a bit dated, and a slight reduction in prices or increase in portion sizes would be better!!!

• Visited August 2012

• Thai first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Thailand comes to Beeston”
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Consistently good, excellent service and a charming room make this place hard to fault. The food is fresh and flavoursome and they have a great value lunch menu.

Nottingham
“Could be so much better”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I feel mean about saying anything detrimental about the Yod Siam because the staff there really are genuinely nice people and clearly care about their business.
But the reality is that this is not an exceptional Thai restaurant.
Four of us had mixed platters and three different mains between us. The starters were very good, as we were assured they would be by our friends who had eaten there before.
But I'm afraid the mains were pretty average. The noodles that accompanied the two Ga Pows we ordered were overcooked and the Ga Pows were more Bland than Pow.
The two curries (one red, one green) were fine. But not exceptional.
I think the problem here, like a lot of "Indian" and Chinese restaurants, is the sheer volume of dishes available. Yod Siam has around 30 different main courses so to get all of them cooked very well must be nigh on impossible. And the 30 dishes excludes the variations of each meat option. So logically, how can this many combinations be of fresh produce, freshly and properly cooked?
It really isn't bad, and I wouldn't advise against going here, but I wonder how good it could be if they greatly reduced the number of choices and specialised in doing a smaller number of dishes and concentrating on doing them very well, to differentiate themselves from the other Thai restaurants in the area.
As I say, the service is superb and it would be great if they match their cooking accordingly.

• Visited October 2012
UK
“Good but don't understand the hype!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Yes this is a good reliable thai restaurant but I am a little surprised by some the rave reviews.
I have eaten here on a number of occasions since the restaurant opened and returned last week with friends.
The service is always friendly and polite but our waitress struggled to understand us despite several attempts to explain the order she still got it wrong.
This was not a one off incident.

The food is nice but no better than all the other Thai restaurants I have eaten at locally.

Beer choice limited to Small bottled lagers.

I am sure I will visit again and no doubt enjoy my meal but I doubt will ever be rushing there or coming away thinking it was an amazing meal or great value!

• Visited August 2012
England
“Buzzy atmosphere with authentic food”
Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Visited this evening for the first time. Really impressed! Love Thai food and this is our favourite now. So relieved to find a welcoming place with a buzzy atmosphere with great food and service. I asked for my green curry to be milder and this wasn't a problem. We will definitely be back.