“Can totally recommend!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nottingham
Thorpe House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 42 Nottingham B&B and Inns
Woking
“Can totally recommend!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed for one night last night, booked at very short notice. Due to that, I think I was in a room they don't usually use for B and B guests but it was very nice and the fact that the shower room was not ensuite but down a small flight of well-lit private stairs was clearly explained before I booked - so no unexpected surprises.

All very clean and tastefully furnished - I wasn't in the room long enough to use the TV but the bed was so comfortable that, having woken early at my habitual work hour, I went back to sleep and overslept the delivery of my breakfast at the time I had asked for it! Felt very guilty when I woke up but nothing was too much trouble for Sally, who kindly re-made it with no fuss at all. It was really delicious, served in my room and the eggs were obviously from happy hens!

Parking outside in the wide residential road is no problem. Free access to the house with your own key and security code, so no worries about late nights.

Have already recommended to a couple of Nottingham people and I will be very happy to stay there again if returning to Nottingham - in fact I would look forward to it! Thank you Sally! :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank TopCat57

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Sally made us feel very welcome when our son couldn't accommodate us on his birthday weekend. We had a lovely time here, great breakfast (served in our room, which was lovely) overlooking the garden and pond. Would stay here again and again, lovely room, nice quality bed linen and furnishings, bathroom small but well functioning and clean, clean, clean. Comfortable atmosphere, felt safe and secure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2012

we stayed one night at this lovely b & b for a friends 40th. Sally was lovely and made us feel extremely welcome and at home. The room was beautiful and everything had been thought of. it was great to have separate entrance so we could come and go as we pleased. Breakfast was better than you'd expect from a 5 * hotel and the bonus of having it bought to your room made the stay even more special. Value for money indeed!!! we will definitely stay here again, thanks sally x

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed at Thorpe House for 3 nights on business rather than pleasure. However I would not hesitate to stay there again for business or pleasure. Sally was very welcoming and accommodating providing me with a map of where I needed to go. The breakfast was delicious with a good choice served in the room, a nice personal touch. Also has a lovely garden that guests can enjoy should they choose. Stayed at a big hotel last time in Nottingham, Thorpe House was much nicer, highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Warm welcome, very comfortable and pretty rooms, so many choices of yummy breakfasts and Sally is a wonderful hostess and lovely lady. Relaxing beauty salon too. I would not have any hesitation in choosing Thorpe House again or in recommending it to other travellers.

Room Tip: Only had experience of Emerson and Arlington, which are at the rear of the property, but the Thorpe...