“Standard restaurant chain fayre but good service and coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #892 of 1,405 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Nottingham (Goosegate) offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
“Standard restaurant chain fayre but good service and coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

met some colleagues here after work for a quick meeting and a bite to eat.

Food was reasonable - too many pizza & pasta dishes for me (I know its an Italian but some pesce and carne would be nice)

Very nice service and excellent coffee

Reasonable price - £115 for 5 people

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Standard Pizza Expres”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Standard Pizza Express - quick service, enough of tables available (even on a Wednesday night), close to public transport.

Visited October 2012
Derby, England, United Kingdom
“Poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Visited Pizza Express in Giltbrook as a family of 6, 2 adults and 4 children. Despite phoning to book a table, one had not been made ready when we arrived. The waitress said she would be back with our menus but clearly forgot and left us waiting about 10 mins before she realised and brought them to us. She then took our order, after a long wait for starters we had still not had drinks and said waitress was seen popping off on her break. When we enquired to another staff member they did bring the drinks promptly, shame about 25 minutes after we had ordered them and finished our starters! Despite having 3 young children the waitress did not offer for them to make their dough balls even though other tables being offered this, neither did she offer the any colouring materials. She clearly could not be bothered and offered a very poor level of service. The food itself was fine but the whole experience (a treat for my Daughter's birthday) was let down by a terrible waitress who clearly has no concept of customer service at all! Avoid.

• Visited October 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ok ish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

the food was gone and the female waitress was lovely but the male server was dressed stuffy, had a strong smell of bo and was very abrupt and unfriendly which spoilt the lunch

“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

I don't no if it's me but are the standard of pizza expresses going down? I visited this restaurant and the one on giltbrook retail park and both were mixed. The worst was the one in giltbrook the waitress brought both out starters and mains at the same time and didn't see anything wrong with it! Also members of staff were arguing right In front of us but they were swearing aswell! The food was cold and in the end I couldn't hold my tongue and had to complain, to which the waitress didn't no what to do so nothing happened. I then asked for the manager and told her myself to which she did apologised and discounted our food but otherwise I would have been very annoyed. I will visit again as I have before and since had good experiences this was just the one that stuck in my mind as the bad ones always do!