Stanshope Hall
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$270
$155
Priceline
$238
Orbitz.com
Biggin Hall Country House Hotel(Biggin-by-Hartington)
  • Breakfast included
The Lathkil Hotel(Over Haddon)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdrawing roomking roomhomemade granolakippersb btea and cakecooked breakfaston arrivalopen firefull englishlovely houseseparate toiletpeak districtmy partnerroyal oakmelonbed was comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed here for a 3 night break 25-28th June. The owner was away on business so I did not meet her but as she does not work there I do not suppose that it makes much difference. The lovely and friendly staff looked after me very well and nothing was too much trouble for the lovely Lynn and her husband ( he parked my car for me several times!!)
The bedroom was large and airy with a wonderful view over the garden and countryside. Tea and coffee (fresh coffee or nescafe gold) with lovely biscuits replaced every day.
A large digital television was great for me as a single person as I tend to watch the tele for a couple of hours in the evening.
The bed was comfortable and in the bathroom the water was wonderfully hot at all times..
Breakfast was super with a large choice of fresh fruit, cereals, kippers etc as well as the " full English"...All the produce is local and the bacon and sausage from a local butcher was top class.
They make their own Granola which is amazing and also home made marmalade and jam..which you can buy to take home.
The downstairs lounge is large with lots of assorted armchairs.(no tv here for obvious reasons) so easy to relax with a good book or peruse the information about the area, plenty of interesting books and magazines.
There are also books of walks to peruse.
The large garden was beautifully kept with seating and a trampoline for children. A kitchen garden was well kept although there were no evening meals ( I believe that they are available at times)
Definitely the best place I have stayed outside the Premier Inn style of place and highly recommended by all of the people staying there
Only 3 letting rooms so get going and don't miss this little jewel of a place...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank LILITHEPINK01
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I recently stayed at Stanshope Hall for three nights and it was the most wonderful of stays. Being a keen hiker and a Derbyshire lad I have often walked by the Hall, but this was my first stay and now I know what I've been missing. The room was cosy and the deep bathtub very welcoming after a day of hiking. I can't speak highly enough of Naomi and her team and the terrific breakfasts they conjure up. Living in the US for the last 10 years, a 'proper' english breakfast is something to look forward to and I wasn't disappointed. Naomi will also lay on and evening supper with advance notice along with a fine bottle of wine. If the outdoors is your thing, then you only have to step outside to experience some of the finest countryside in the whole of England. A walkers paradise with many pubs along the way offering refreshment. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank EnglishPaul1
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The welcome was wonderful - tea and home-baked cakes by the fire in the Drawing Room, the Striped bedroom was comfortable and spacious with lovely views and breakfast was delicious. The only area for improvement is the shower, which unfortunately had a maximum temperature of luke warm - after a day of hiking the beautiful surrounding countryside in chilly February, this was a big disappointment.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed at the Stanshope few weeks ago, and absolutely loved it! Amazing, homely place and stunning surrounding! In the evening it's so peaceful and quiet, you actually feel relaxed. The owner of the place recommended a pub near by for a dinner, and I have to admit, it was better than some of the best restaurants in UK! Will definitely come back:)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ania S
Reviewed January 4, 2013

After a day walking in the Manifold valley in the rain we were welcomed into the lounge where there was a blazing fire, given a pot of tea and homemade Christmas cake. They booked a table for us at the nearby George Hotel, Alstonfield for our evening meal. We relaxed in our room, lovely big room with super views down the dale, large roll top victorian style bath great after a ten mile hike! The breakfast was brilliant, I had the full English, locally sourced bacon and sausage - good job we were off on another long hike to work off the calories.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple