“Enjoyable long weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Peak District National Park
Harthill Hall Holiday Cottages
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stayed in the Manor House for a long weekend 16/5/14 - 19/5/14 with family and thoroughly enjoyed it. The rooms are medieval (flagstone floors downstairs and creaky wooden floorboards upstairs which gives it that medieval feel), but fitted with a modern bathroom en-suites, dishwashers, ovens etc. We found the bedding to be clean and comfortable. We also had bath robes and slippers provided along with a set of towels each.

The Manor House has a private games room, gardens and hot tub just outside the back door from the kitchen which was checked over by the staff before use and well used!

The pool was an added bonus and we particularly liked how each property could choose an hours private use for just you and no one else, plus there is a changing area, spa treatments, sauna etc.

Plenty parking space, a small park for the children with swings, slide and see-saw and lovely views. Nice and quiet. Lots to do in the area also.

We enjoyed it that much, we have booked to go back in September for our
Wedding Anniversary.

Hope other people find this review helpful :0)

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed for a long weekend in the Manners apartment. I booked over the phone to avoid the owners having to pay commission to laterooms and the friendly couple agreed our dog could stay which was a selling point. The rest was a disappointment due to a complete lack of attention to detail. Everything in the flat was budget from the washing up liquid to the shower to the TV. We have owned a holiday let so I can understand this but we didn't market ours as "luxury". There was no information in the property (local walks, places of interest, etc.) The shower, swimming pool and sauna were cold. (We used the sauna as a changing room as it was slightly warmer than the actual changing rooms). There were signs telling me not to steal things which I resent. The advertised dog walking area had a horse in it so couldn't be used and the only decent footpath from the property involved a walk along a 5Omph road. On the second night, the owners' son rudely told me (at 8.30pm waking the baby) that I had not told them about the dog. I explained that I had and asked him for oven gloves which he said he would drop off. He didn't. I saw the whole family on the way out and the mother apologised for the misunderstanding and said her son was "like his father". I'm not sure this is an excuse for poor customer service. On the up side, she was nice and so was the cleaner I spoke to. I told them about the damp and they said it couldn't be the case. I would not stay here again and I hope the owners get a few more honest reviews so they can sort out what could be a lovely retreat.

• Stayed: February 2014
7  Thank Forbes83
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

The area and property is fantastic. But we where a family of four and even though Hartle sleeps 4 the Master bed is an old queen size. If your husband is over 6 foot its not comfortable. Pillows need updating as they are very lumpy. Shower wasn't luxury more camping. There was no washing machine and with 2 kids this wasn't good. It needs more comfortable sofas and for the price we felt left out as everyone else has a hot tub. But saying all this the grounds and feel of the place is lovely and we had a good time. We would stay again but in a bigger cottage and would consider hiring the manor house with friends. Hartle cottage is good for family of 3 or couple.

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Rama74
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We went for my daughter's 18th family celebration , there were 14 of us in 3 cottages , when we arrived we had been given a 4th cottage and in one of the cottages a dining area decorated and a birthday cake , banners etc had all been set up , a lovely surprise. The cottages are well equipped , everything you need for a weekend self catering, also towels , pool towels and dressing gowns all provided. We used the indoor pool which you can book for an hour, we had a cottage with a hot tub which was great as we went the Indian summer weekend, Beautiful and peaceful location , Chatsworth is down the road is well worth a visit. We would highly recommend the cottages for a weekend break with friends or family.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Read the reviews after we had booked, typical. However, in hindsight I am pleased we didn’t!
It was a nice surprise to have a starter pack, including; toilet rolls, washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, and toiletries. Not enough for the whole stay but we didn't expect any so a bonus.
Bedrooms had clean cotton linen, bathrobes and slippers and even towels for the hot tub.
Pool was good although we didn't use it much.
Position is beautiful and the view from the hot tub was just fab.
Bakewell is a nice market town just 5 minutes by car LOTS of pubs

No real cleanliness issues, overall a good experience and would not deter.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jonathan M
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We loved the manor house. The bedrooms were all well proportioned and the main room was stunning. (I could not get hot water from the shower but it was probably me) when we arrived the owner had left a big cake (I was celebrating my 40th) what a nice surprise and it was appreciated by all my friends that we're enjoying the occasion with us. The manor house has lovely open fires and a great kitchen where you can all eat round a huge table. There were fourteen of us and we still fitted comfortably. In respect of the fires we did not have any wood, but upon asking the owner we were presented with two bags that they did not charge us for. The location is lovely, with a great view, and is only about a hours walk from Bakewell which was ideal for us. The manor house had a games rooms and a hot tub. The latter was well used by all the occupants.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Litch1973
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This place is great. Very olde worldy. Flag stone floors downstairs and floor boards upstairs. Well maintianed, clean comofrtable and great rustic old furniture. Four poster bed gives you a great nights sleep. Its a bit dark inside as the windows are small and the walls very thick as you would expect with an older style grand house and the lighting is a bitlimited in some areas. Hot tub at the back door is very secluded and screened off from the other properties so it was used a few times during our weeks stay. On site staff are are very helpfull and act very quickly to resolve any problems that might occur. The only problem we had was with a back door lock and a noisey tap. Job done and fixed same day.
Beware weeends though..... can be a bit boisterous.... as its Hen party central... and why not as the facilites on site are made for that kind of a weekend getaway

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends