“Go here - support this place, you won't be diasppointed”
Review of Little Mexico

Little Mexico
Ranked #5 of 130 Restaurants in Hexham
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Little Mexico, is a well-established ethnic restaurant that offers original and authentic Mexican food, located in Hexham Northumberland, this Gastro Shop gives you the true Mexican Experience through authentic food and a wide range of products imported directly from Mexico. Extra services: We cater for events, from dinner parties, weddings and festivals to cooking in to your own home. Call or email us to discuss your plans to help make you event memorable.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I'm a private chef and I've lived in Mexico. The burrito I had here today was great and good value. I will go back.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (212)

Reviewed August 13, 2019

We popped in little Mexico after an unremarkable day walking round Hexham. The welcome, conversation and food was amazing! Authentic and tasty. I was defeated by my burrito which didn’t look huge but was filling and delicious. Thank you! Please open in York! Pet friendly, fast service, fabulous Mexican coffee. We asked to buy more and were given the recipe. Really fabulous 5 star

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 27, 2019

Delicious authentic food, lovely staff. Best Guacamole and Salsa ever. Would highly recommend the burritos!

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 11, 2019

I have been a couple of times before when I have been in Hexham and had to leave a review this time. Ordered a chicken burrito to go, with pico de gallo and guac on the side. It was really delicious, the spicy has a little heat but isn't overwhelming - it was lovely. The guy behind the counter was extremely friendly too. Would defintiely recommend.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

5* place if you fancy something different.

More of a light snack sort of place.

Food is fine. Not amazing. Not satiating. Not much meat is actually added (think shredded meat). Portions are small imo (-1)

It is a cute tiny venue with enough seats for maybe 10 people. Take away is available.

No toilet facilities (-1). Imo any sit down restaurant should have a toilet and sink.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank FoodyReviewer
Danielgarden, Owner at Little Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to see you think we are 5* for something different, that's brilliant. With regards to portion sizes, I really am sorry you thought you didn't get a big enough amount and nor that it was amazing.

However, if you are in the area again and passing by, please pop in and I can do my best to ensure that you are truly satisfied this time. If you have not eaten Mexican before, the choice is daunting so I would be really happy to prepare something to your taste.

As for the toilets, we are not actually a restaurant, more a street food vendor with tables to prop at should you choose. We have close links with the business across the road who are always happy for people to use their facilites and we have alcohol gel for your hands if necessary.

Look forward to seeing you again.