“An underrated gem”
Review of Little Mexico

Little Mexico
Ranked #6 of 130 Restaurants in Hexham
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Little Mexico, is a well-established ethnic restaurant that offers original and authentic Mexican food, located in Hexham Northumberland, this Gastro Shop gives you the true Mexican Experience through authentic food and a wide range of products imported directly from Mexico. Extra services: We cater for events, from dinner parties, weddings and festivals to cooking in to your own home. Call or email us to discuss your plans to help make you event memorable.
Reviewed April 28, 2019

I have been meaning to try Little Mexico for quite some time now, and only recently had the opportunity.

I can really only say good things. We ordered food to take away and I had a great conversation with the owner while he was preparing our food. Very friendly and engaging.

I am both vegetarian and not a lover of spicy foods, which is usually a bad combination, however the food here was terrific, I would highly recommend Little Mexico.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank AndrewP3187
Danielgarden, Owner at Little Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2019

Thank you. It is always so good to read positive experiences. So pleased you liked your food, I sometimes find the same problems with veggie food and spice, so I'm even happier it has been enjoyed so much.

Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

I put on a review of little Mexico a few weeks back and sadly have had too delete it and make a new 1 has my TRUTHFUL review was pulled into question now the blame may be partially mine has it wasn’t April I tried little Mexico it was last year summer sadly can’t remember the actual date so just stuck with the first date that came up but it was August and maybe the owner has had a disagreement with a salesman or saleswoman selling mattresses or something in April 2019 And its sad that the owner has tried to blame a angry sales person OR tried to make it look like it too save face my reviews are honest and sadly my opinions ain’t always good but there always the truth has anyone would like to Read my reviews there mostly positive reviews with good points has I have had a few (not loads though haha) helpful votes.

Now I did eat at this place and found a fly in my wrap was disgusted to be honest and the hair was in the glass not the can obviously without these mishap’s the food may of been tasty but has the other reviews says (salty mush) don’t sound yummy lol.

Trip advisor is not a weapon it’s a great service where people can recommend or warn people on places to go or not to go this is how I use it.

Many thanks too all readers
Including the clever owner of little Mexico
Nice try

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank j0ker22

Hello J0ker22.

As you know your former review was removed by TripAdvisor for inaccuracy and slander. (TripAdvisor do not remove reviews easily and indeed never have done with LM before). As you also know, we are not the only company who have commented on your inaccurate posts.

The glaring error in your original post was the claim that you visited a week ago. To not have remembered the date and tried to say it was so recent, when evidently it was nearly a year ago, was unfair and unkind. We can only assume. the person selling mats, (not mattresses), being the only hostile person encountered in 15 months, was in fact you. Apologies if this is not the case.

We are horrified to hear that this happened to you and it is a pity you did not feel that you could tell us at the time it happened, yet felt the need to post on here nearly a year later. Had you informed us at the time, we could have addressed the issue and managed it appropriately, of course offering a full refund.

Rest assured we appreciate all feedback as it helps us to improve. Thankfully we have never had any other reports of this kind of incident, so we imagine it must have been an unfortunate experience and hope you will feel able to visit us again soon.

TripAdvisor, when used correctly, is as you state, '... not a weapon it’s a great service where people can recommend or warn people on places to go or not to go.'

Thank you.

Reviewed April 20, 2019

Have visited Little Mexico three times now - really good to try something a bit different at lunchtime. Lovely friendly service .

Date of visit: March 2019

Thank you. Hopefully see you for a fourth time!

Reviewed April 19, 2019

Great food, great service. Looking forward to come again in a couple of months and enjoy their new bigger premises!

Date of visit: April 2019

Thank you for your feedback. Look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 16, 2019

Often pop into Little Mexico for a revision break and always greeted with a warm welcome. The food is always delicious, great tunes and amazing staff. The pork burrito is a personal favourite.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank Tom S
Danielgarden, Owner at Little Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2019

So pleased you love the food. Look forward to seeing you soon.