Just returned after spending 4 days at this site. It was absolutely fantastic! Clean and peaceful with lovely hot showers. Very relaxed atmosphere, we arrived at 11.30am and just pitched our tent and paid when shop opened in afternoon. There is a river running through site which our dog loved and pub was 5 minutes away. There is a small shop on site but Kielder Village shop is about 10 mins walk away for other items. There is a no noise policy after 10.30pm which suited us as we were up early in the mornings to go cycling We have stayed in Kielder a number of times, usually in lodges and this was our first time camping but we will certainly be back. Unlike previous reviews, we found staff very helpful and friendly.
Not too many midges at the moment but would recommend Avon soft and fresh spray to keep them at bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a community run 3 star rustic campsite. Open views and a fantastic location to chill, explore or travel through. Showers, toilets, 42 electric hook ups, 20 hardstandings and room for 70 pitched tents. We are at the hub of the Kielder cycle trails, walking trails and at the northern tip of Kielder Reservoir. Local pub, shop and tearooms all a short walk from the site. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Kielder Caravan & Camping Site Hotel Hexham
- Kielder Caravan And Camping Site
- Kielder Caravan & Camping Site Hexham, UK - Northumberland