“Wonderful pub, lovely food, great staff!”
Review of The Tannery

The Tannery
Ranked #35 of 129 Restaurants in Hexham
Reviewed October 21, 2018

I visited The Tannery today with 6 members of my family including my infant daughter. The first thing that struck me was how friendly the staff were as soon as we walked in; my daughter got high-fives from two members of the bar staff which she loved, and the gentleman who we were greeted by came back to our table twice asking if we were ok and needed anything. Top fella!
We all pretty much ordered the Sunday roast as only a small number of variations of the traditional roast is available on Sundays. The meat was just beautiful! And unlike some roast dinners, the meat wasn't cut so thin you can see through it. On the contrary, the beef was half an inch thick and the gravy was great too. My wife had the vegetarian option which was a halloumi roast and that was cooked very well as well. We were so impressed by the main meal that we pigged out by stuffing our faces with some chocolate gateau as well - I could barely breathe by the end of the meal but it was worth it!

In short, very clean pub, wonderful food, great staff who were very friendly, nice group of punters which made for a canny atmosphere.. All round, I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a nice place to go for food in Hexham!

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank lordbage

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

Popped by for a no nonsense Sunday roast. This is exactly what we got .

Ordered 2 roast beef and 2 pints of coke at the bar. Shortly after we were enjoying delicious, tender, thick slices of beef with crispy home made yorkshire pudding, Roasties and fresh veg including Savoy cabbage, sugar snaps and heritage carrots. Oh and extra gravy.

Highly recommend - a pub that knows what Sundays are for #roastbeef #yorkshires

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank jackiewH750VZ
Reviewed September 16, 2018

Had a lovely lunch for about 20 people at the end of a 25 mile bike ride. Lots of places to sit. Beer was great, food was great. Worth a visit.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank BLP422
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Excellent pub serving a great selection of ales lagers & ciders. Lovely surroundings. Friendly staff.

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank Maggie5357
Reviewed August 17, 2018

The visit was the first part of a Hexham real ale tour and we weren't disappointed. Wide variety of quality beers, great service and all we wanted.

Date of visit: August 2018