“Wet Wednesday outside but warm welcome and good food inside.”

Zyka Boutique Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #11 of 110 Restaurants in Hexham
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Scotland
“Wet Wednesday outside but warm welcome and good food inside.”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Wet Wednesday evening outside but a warm welcome and really good food inside. The scallop starter and monkfish main course were cooked superbly. The chicken in the main course melted in the mouth. Then came the pudding . It was described as "east meets west". It looked and tasted great. The chef made a dosa, an indian bread made without wheat and so is gluten free, especially for me which does not often happen. The food was presented in different shaped dishes which added to the attractiveness of the dishes. Worth a visit.

Visited October 2013

North East England
“Good food and friendly service”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Booked Zyka for a belated family birthday meal as we wanted to try somewhere new. The staff here are friendly, welcoming and efficient. The poppadums and pickles were great. We all particularly enjoyed the fresh mint and chilli dip. My scallops starter was beautiful and a welcome change from the norm. My fiancé and his father both had the king prawn on puri, which was beautifully presented and very much enjoyed. His mum had the chicken tikka starter, which again was beautifully presented, but really nothing different to the same dish in any other Indian restaurant. When the main courses came, my fiancé's dad found his to be too spicy (it had been recommended by a member of staff), but this was changed without any problem whatsoever. My partner had a chicken tikka jalfrezi, which was nice, but nothing special. Both me and my fiancé's mum had the tandoori super king prawns. Lovely, but only 3 prawns! (you get 4 in Saathi). Naans were large and very nice, rice came in generous portions. I feel slightly guilty about only giving 4 stars because, at the time of writing, I am the first reviewer to do this. However, two big bug bears of mine are restaurants taking time to A -bring you the bill when you've asked for it and B- leaving you for ages with the bill when you are ready to pay. Unfortunately, Zyka was guilty of both. In the end, my fiancé had to take the bill to the bar to pay. This however, will not put us off coming back as Zyka is easily the best Indian restaurant in Hexham. The others better watch out!

2 Thank Florrie069
Hexham, England, United Kingdom
“Classy!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

What a treat! Great food, fun drinks, friendly staff and local! Great not to have to travel to a city to experience this sort of atmosphere. I dined with four friends and we had a very pleasant evening that didn't break the bank. The wandering tables were a bit distracting, but the menu is very interesting and varied. My dish was spicy and tasty and far too big to eat on my own! The breads were fresh and lovely too - always my measure of a great meal! Attention to detail.
We'll be back!

Hexham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We love our Indian food and are quite happy to travel to go to a good quality restaurant so to have this on our doorstep is a result ! The dips to accompany the popodoms were refreshingly different. We had the chef's platter for two for starters and the combination of flavours was fantastic. We also chose mains from the 'alternative' to the standard dishes and they did not disappoint. Pimms cocktail excellent & wine beautifully chilled. The owners who include the head chef seem to be putting their heart & sole into this venture & if they continue with this standard then they should do well. We will return.

Bishop Middleham, United Kingdom
“Indian with bling!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

First visit to this new addition to Hexham. Friendly staff, good atmosphere, modern decor. The menu has lots of unfamiliar dishes as well as the regular favourites. I had super king prawns which really were super!! Lovely cocktails too. Great night all round.

1 Thank Jayne C