“Enjoyable lunch”

The Small World Cafe
Ranked #8 of 129 Restaurants in Hexham
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Small World Cafe is a family run Licensed Coffee Shop in beautiful Hexham. We are open Monday through Saturday and serve fresh homemade food everyday. Daily newspapers and magazines add to the enjoyment of your visit. We source as many products as we can locally and are great advocates of "fresh is best". We offer the finests quality tea's and Coffee along with locally produced dairy products and cakes. Take away service is available everyday. We are a family run business with experience in the catering industry. We have a great passion for food and understand the importance of looking after you and giving you the quality of product you deserve.
Reviewed June 3, 2019

Good service, well placed cafe and an interesting and varied menu at very reasonable prices; we had one veggie chilli with rice and one meat chilli with potatoes and naan bread. Very tasty and very friendly service from the staff. Liked the large range of tea options.
I was disappointed by the level of cleanliness, having to shake clean the button cushions on the seats which were covered in crumbs and I am not keen on just one unisex loo either.

Date of visit: May 2019
Angela W, Owner at The Small World Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2019

Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your food.

Apologies if you found the cushions weren't as clean as you would have liked. I do regularly take them home and wash them but as you can imagine there are a lot of cushions, this takes time and it has been a busy half term week.

As for the single unisex toilet I agree this isn't ideal however as a Grade 2 listed building we are unable to put another toilet in as there is nowhere to build it. This is unfortunately out of our control.

Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

We were desperate for a jacket potato but everywhere had stopped serving lunch. The ladies at the Small World Café, however, went out of their way to serve us two jacket potatoes and were incredibly kind and helpful. They were so friendly and really went above and beyond. Rebecca was brilliant and we were so grateful. The brownies were incredible too! Thank you! Would highly recommend.

Date of visit: May 2019

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am so pleased my staff could accommodate your needs at the end of the day.

It was lovely to see you in the cafe again the next day enjoying a filling breakfast. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Hexham.

Reviewed May 28, 2019

Fantastic all day breakfast, friendly staff and fabulous location. Recommended without any hesitation. Excellent menu choice and value for money.

Reviewed May 22, 2019

Visiting Hexham we came upon this little gem first attraction was the number of people sat outside always a good sign when a cafe is well frequented. On entering we chose a window table which the lovely waitress was happy to seat us at. There was a specials board as well as the set menu all items indicated if they were gluten free or vegan which is important to many people today. We ordered from the main menu and the food was delicious. Just a small point but my other half always asks for a black coffee and hooray that was exactly what we got no un asked for milk so instantly we liked this place. The staff were fantastic as busy as they were we were served quickly with a cheery smile. If you prefer your lunch to be chips and greasy food free then give this little cafe a go it also has a take away selling all the same foods as the cafe. And best of all the prices are perfect so reasonable and amazing value. Can’t wait to visit here again.

Date of visit: May 2019

Thank you for your fabulous review. It is very much appreciated x

Reviewed May 11, 2019

I found this cafe near to the Market Place. I ordered a full breakfast and a decaf latte. It was cooked to order, I did have to wait but the cafe was full and busy. The food was well cooked and nicely presented with polite staff. I will certainly go again for lunch.

Date of visit: May 2019

Thank you so much for your lovely review.