“Good food and service”

Travellers Rest Inn Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 129 Restaurants in Hexham
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Travellers Rest is situated in stunning Northumberland, only a short drive away from the market town of Hexham. The inn, which dates back to the 1840s, has a warm and cosy atmosphere due to the low-beamed ceilings and large open fire. We offer a warm welcome and high standard of hospitality to all. There is a large selection of real ales, spirits and wines available, as well as freshly cooked dishes sourced from local ingredients.
Reviewed May 17, 2019 via mobile

Ate there earlier this week. Really tasty food served hot, decent beer and good service. Will call again when in the area

Date of visit: May 2019
Darren W, Manager at Travellers Rest Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

We're so glad that you enjoyed your visit and service from our team. We've just began serving from our new menu and are always introducing new beers which are well worth a try on your next visit. Thanks again!

Reviewed May 14, 2019

I booked a meal at this inn run by the villagers. My drink was quickly served up and I was taken to a table. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The waitress took my order after I was given advice of the choices on the menu. The sunday lunch was well presented and very tasty. My dessert was full of flavour and reminded me of home cooking. Delicious.

Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

One of us had a delicious steak -the other an inedible Thai green curry. Complimented them on steak -no question was everything ok with the curry-clearly barely touched but completely uninterested-not acceptable today-maybe uninterested-young untrained team?

Date of visit: May 2019

We're really sorry that your visit didn't go as planned. We pride ourselves on our friendly and well-trained team of staff which are continuously complimented for their quality service, however, this mustn't of been apparent on this occasion. Our check-back policy allows our customers the chance to put forward any issues or concerns with their meals - good or bad. If you do visit us again, please let us know if there is anything wrong with your meals and we will be happy to amend this for you.

Reviewed March 16, 2019

We visited for a meal out yesterday. As there were no vegan options I had the side salad. I was very pleasantly surprised when it arrived as it was an exceptional salad full of different salad ingredients and very well presented. The service was also very good and very quick.

Date of visit: March 2019
Darren W, Owner at Travellers Rest Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2019

We're really glad that you enjoyed your visit! We pride ourselves on the service we provide and meals we produce. Unfortunately, due to circumstance we don't currently have vegan options on our menu, however, certain dishes can be adapted for specific dietary requirements. If you visit again, please don't hesitate to speak to one of our friendly team about this. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

I stayed nearby so came along for something to eat. I was by myself, so a bit anxious about eating alone, but the staff were so friendly, the bar was so cosy and the food was so nice that I forgot I’d ever been worried about it.
Thank you for your lovely service, i’ll definitely be back with the family x

Date of visit: March 2019

Hi Emma, we're so glad you enjoyed your visit to The Travellers Rest and that our staff and bar made your experience enjoyable! See you again soon!