“Great food and service, poor decor!”
Review of Golden Dragon

Golden Dragon
Ranked #38 of 110 Restaurants in Hexham
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In the town centre, Hexham
Reviewed September 25, 2012

On first impressions, I was sort of put of but my boyfriend really fancied some Chinese food and we've heard good things so we decided to give it a go.

We were shown to a table in the restauraunt which was actually practically empty and quickly drinks arrived on the table. I immediately noticed that the room was covered in photos and balloons, banners, etc, for someones birthday. Which was slightly off-putting. Obviously I know restaurants cater for birthdays and large gatherings, but it would be better if they'd seated us in a separate area.

Anyway, I had a lovely chicken curry whilst my boyfriend had some kind of sizzling beef in a sauce. Both were delicious, good sized portions and fair prices too! Will definitely be back, just don't get your hopes up about the setting as it's not particularily atmospheric and definitely not romantic. For big groups I'd imagine it is absolutley perfect.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Lovely Restaurant with a friendly and welcome atmosphere. The staff are kind, curteous and prompt with serving. The food is delicious and the owner is very kind and welcoming

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We have lost count of the number of times we have been to this Chinese restaurent on a lunch time, over the last two years. There is nearly always a queue to get in and the tables fill up quickly. The food is always of a very high standard and the staff are very friendly and efficient. You never have to wait long for your food to arrive. I always start with the Salt and Pepper chicken and my wife has it as a main course. The standards are consistently very high and the food reasonably priced. If you don't try this place then you are missing out on a real treat!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

very attentive,friendly staff smartly dressed. food very good and really tasty decent portion sizes, very resonably priced,situated in the town centre,large eating area though not busy when we visited

1  Thank ray b
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Couldn't fault our meal, the first time I'd been to the restaurant. The spare ribs in plum sauce had lovely crispy batter, not soggy as can often be found. Superb sizzling king prawn in yellow bean sauce. Spot on service. First class - definitely going back!

1  Thank heughhall