“Lunch in the rain”

...In The Chare
Manchester
“Lunch in the rain”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Six of us piled hopefully in to escape from the August rain, only to find that there was no romm --but we were not turned away. Very soon, furniture was jiggled about, and we sat down gratefully. We had soup and sanwiches. Everything was fresh and tasty. The service couldn't have been better --so friendly.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank vollyjudith

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good spot for lunch”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My wife and one year old son had lunch in the courtyard of this cafe. The young ladies serving were very friendly and attentive. We sat at a table that had plates on it but it was quickly cleared and cleaned. I had a special salad (lime and coriander chicken) and my wife ordered the soup (pea and mint) and a sandwich lunch deal - both at approx £6 each We had a glass of wine each which added another near £7 to the bill. The food got mixed up a little due to the cafe running out of ingredients for my wife's sandwich and then sending a wrap out for me instead of the salad. However, this was quickly sorted and the quality of the food was good - my chicken was fresh, as was the salad (but it could have done with a variety of lettuce) . My wife's soup and sandwich were lovely. The wine was good and it didn't rain. The courtyard was a great spot but I think we would have been equally happy inside as it looked nice there too. We would go again in spite of the slight mix up with the order.

• Visited July 2012
Cardiff, Wales
“Lovely welcome and very good coffee.”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This has to be a place of choice for all those footsore walkers coming down from the nearby Hadrian's Wall to visit Hexham and its Abbey. The staff offer a warm and generous welcome as well as making great coffee and cakes to boot.

Visited June 2012
Whitley Bay, England, United Kingdom
“Stewed coffee and stale cake”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Had a coffee and a price of cake with my wife in May.
The service was slow and not very friendly
My wife's coffee was cold and mine was bitter.the cake was dry and stale.....Never again!

Hexham
“Great Bistro up the Back Street”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Staff and court yard, Geoff & Angela are superb hosts, good menu, Peroni for me, sun trap in the patio, good shops near by

Visited April 2012