“Bit disappointed ”
Review of Rising Cafe

Rising Cafe
Ranked #31 of 129 Restaurants in Hexham
Description: Rising Cafe serves home-baked goods, innovative classic dishes and great hot and cold beverages with a 1940s flavour. All proceeds go towards restoring lives broken homelessness and addiction as part of the charity work of Betel UK.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As locals we visit the coffee shops in Hexham frequently. As locals we also strongly support the Betel charity.
Lunch today, however, wasn't great. The food portions were huge and a reasonable price but what we really wanted was a light lunch of, perhaps, a sandwich. There needs to be a cheaper light bite menu.
The reason I wouldn't want to return, though, is the cakes on display at the till. They were uncovered, a fly was dancing on one and the customer in front was sneezing!
The music, whilst very well matching the decor, was too loud. I wear a hearing aid and could only hear the music; it was difficult to keep up with the conversation.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited this cafe on Saturday morning 15/6/19 for breakfast, whilst ordering I asked if the bacon could be well done. May I point out after 35yrs of asking this, no one has ever took any notice or even wanted to honour our request. The lady servicing me said I could have the bacon cooked anyway we wanted, our wait produced not only a nicely present Full English Breakfast with beautiful crispy bacon, but the best ever Hash Browns with perfectly cooked Fried Egg. My husband is the worst person to feed and never finishes a meal, yet he cleaned his plate. We both totally agreed it was the best ever cook breakfast we have ever eaten (apart from my own)! If you ever visit Hexham this cafe should be at the top of your list if things to do! Fantastic atmosphere, amazing decor, good old fashioned Teapots with cups and sauces. Lovely friendly staff but best of all awesome food, our return visit will be to sample the array of cakes on display.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Finally visited for the first time today. It was the perfect café on this dull June morning - a cosy and warm welcome. Very much enjoyed the freshly-made cookie and my espresso. I'll definitely be back at some point to treat myself to brunch!

1  Thank Reduzbek
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We have now made several visits to this café though only having had coffee and cakes. We live Hexham and have frequently walked past the café and usually, as on our visits, is very full. A sure sign that it is popular. The staff, all of whom have had some drug addiction problem, are very friendly and if encouraged will talk of their past addiction problem and the way they have come out of it, largely thanks to Bethel, the organisation that runs the Rising Café. It's a little noisy, smallish, and can be difficult to find seating. Lovely décor.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

The go to cafe in Hexham. Great menu and amazing cakes. Lovely outside sitting area just off pavement to watch the world go by in the sunshine (hexham has very few outside space dining areas so rising cafe is the top choice). Staff so friendly and chatty and a great buzzing atmosphere inside and good music playing. I would also recommend as the cafe is providing great working opportunity for Betel House residents. I'm a hexham resident and this is my new favourite place to meet up for coffee and food with friends. Well done!

Date of visit: June 2019
HexhamRisingCafe, Owner at Rising Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Thanks for your review - we aim to provide a great atmosphere & friendly service!