“Ok ”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hexham
QLodges Slaley Hall
Ranked #8 of 20 Specialty Lodging in Hexham
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I visited slaley hall on the 4th of October. I had many issues with my bookings from them taking double payments to having the wrong dates. We finally arrived to our 2 beautiful lodges and we were missing a golf buggy. We had booked a table at Hadrians restaurant and we were given a set menu as there were 16 of us. There were 4 other tables in along with us so a quiet night. Service started great, except it took 55mins to receive a pathetic Caesar salad and another 40min to receive our mains which were really over priced rubbish. We eventually walked out as we gave up waiting. Not much different in the pool bar where 3 of us ordered coffee and waited 55 min again!!!!! Over all the lodges were fantastic the service within the hotel were poor and in need a lot of work. For such a large hotel there needs more trained staff and quicker service rate. I would return for the lodges but I wouldn't recommend the hotel to anyone

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Lucy-Lou M

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I must start by saying that all staff were very polite and professional at all times which is a credit to this company. Clean, comfortable rooms and spa facilities. A good choice of restaurants but not always good value I'm afraid. The food was very nice but I have had better meals for that price. Despite that, I would recommend a stay at Slaley.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Slaley Hall is a somewhere different. It is set in the country and very impressive as you drive up to it. The rooms are well furnished and decorated and fully what you would expect of an establishment of this stature. I visited both the fine dining restaurant and the normal hotel restaurant and both were very good indeed. I did not use the golf course on my visit but did use the spa for some treatments. The spa experience was particulary good and I highly recommend you pamper yourself whilst staying although booking in advance is recommended. A great place to stay and will visit again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Just got back from a 4 night stay at Slaley Hall in a Devere King suite. had to move rooms as ours was next to the life so didn't sleep much bu the staff were very happy to change our room for us! The hotel facilities are great and staff very friendly.We enjoyed the pool and spa a lot. My only disappointment was the room, although spacious, it doesn't match the rest of the hotel in style or luxury. I believe they are gradually updating the rooms though. Had a tour round some of the lodges and the newly renovated bungalows look lovely. Beautiful surroundings and a choice of places on site to eat.

Room Tip: The rooms around 200-220 have been refurbished and looked lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

A party of 10 of us stayed in two lodges here, although they were quite far apart the golf buggy came in useful.
The lodges we stayed in were more than big enough for the 10 of us to have a girlie night in!
The fixtures and fittings etc were of an extremely high standard and the location was lovely peaceful and serene!
The only downfall for this place were the hidden extra charges like the elec bill when u leave for the price we paid I would not expect a bill on top! Also the drinks at the bar were astronomical £9.65 for a large vodka and coke!
I would defiantly visit again!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Just back from a two night stay at Slaley Hall Lodges- we actually had a two bedroomed bungalow (number 1), which I can whole heartedly recommend. The layout was great, incredibly spacious and with every comfort catered for. The fixtures and fitting were all of an extrememly high standard. The private sauna was a great surprise (as I'd booked very last minute I didn't fully check out the spec beforehand) and we used it on several ocassions. There were only two of us, but it doea have two bedrooms and also a sofa bed, and there was ample room for 6 adults. the pictures on their website reall don't do it justice at all. We have a private terrace and garden area, and weren't overlooked at all. The small lake at the bottom of the grassed area was just lovely, and we spen hours just watching the ducks and moorhens, very reaxing.
Normally we would go walking and there are plenty of beautiful ones around, but as the lodge was so lovely we just took the time to relax and unwind. You are able to use all of the facilities in Slaley Hall itself if you wish, we didn't as we were having such a lovely time in the lodge - but it's good to know they're there if you want them. they even do a takeaway food service for the lodges, which you can arrange to collect.
We aren't golfers, but I understand that you get a discount on the fees if you are staying in a lodge.
There was lots of wildlife to see, in just two nights we saw lots of different birds, hedgehogs and deer. It really was so peaceful. The weather was good, although a little overcast. However I imagine that whatever the weather this would be a great place to stay.
I was expecting a glorified caravan but I was very wrong! It is genuinely luxurious, stylish and comfortable. I loved it! There is lots to do if that's your thing too, or not, just relaxing and unwinding was great. The only downside was I wish we had booked for longer.

Room Tip: If you like to be quiet and private then the two bedroomed bungalow overlooking the little lake on o...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank happy75london
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We have just stayed for 3 nights at Slaley. Lodge was absolutely outstanding. Very luxurious and very clean (housekeeping do a great job).
The lodge location, outlook are first class. Everything supplied in the lodge that you could ask for. Plenty of space with 4 bedrooms, 3 were en-suite and one bathroom including a sauna.

Master bedroom was huge with en-suite including a spa bath and separate shower cubicle.

What a gorgeous view from the lounge which was situated upstairs (all bedrooms on the lower floor) with a balcony. Beautiful views to the hills over Hexham.

Excellent leisure facilities. Pool nice and warm, although there were swimming lessons taking place there was still plenty of room. Nice clean changing rooms.

We would definitely like to return.

Room Tip: Villa 8 excellent views
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hexham
Best Western Derwent Manor Hotel
The George Hotel
The George Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chollerford
The Beaumont Hexham, Hotel

Been to QLodges Slaley Hall? Share your experiences!