“Lovely coffee house”

Ranked #5 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Hexham
Belper
“Lovely coffee house”
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

We had two bowls of very nice homemade soup, followed by tea with scones and cream and jam. Friendly staff, could recommend

1 Thank darrenvh

Perth, Australia
“Delightful and charming”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

When in Hexham we always make sure we visit Mrs Miggins. The meals are well prepared and enjoyable. The cakes are always a bit naughty, but very nice. Take a break, treat yourself.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank John O
Hexham, United Kingdom
“Lovely cakes!”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

A very friendly coffee shop with a good range of light meals and cakes on offer at the heart of Hexham.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank KateNE46
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely breakfast”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We were travelling from Edinburgh back to the Midlands, after having spent a night in Newcastle. We were on the look-out for somewhere to eat breakfast. We stopped off at Hexham and noticed Mrs Miggin's Coffee House. Although there was a larger coffee shop on the corner, Mrs Miggin's looked more to our taste. We were not disappointed. My husband ordered a breakfast, and I had a bacon bap. Both were delicious. We had a nice chat to the owner whilst we were being served. I purchased a bracelet which was from a selection on sale. It was an enjoyable breakfast which we'd been looking forward to. There were cakes and other items on display. We had a little browse round the town before we set off on our way back home.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Bellagio080
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“Lovely staff but lacking atmosphere.”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I've been here several times with family just for a quick bite to eat, and it is a 'nice cafe.' There's not much more to say; it is not stylish or fancy and the food is fairly average. I usually just have soup which I don't think is homemade (a bit of a shame) with a roll.

I did, one time, have a Cumberland sausage sandwich which really was lovely. The portion sizes are ample and it is also good value for money. The women who work there are great but I just think the whole place looks a bit tired, it could do with a bit more attention to detail.

However, I would recommend it to people if they just want a quick and cheap lunch, or cup of tea.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank northumbrianrebecca
migginshexham, Owner at Mrs Miggins Tea Room, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and you recommendation. We appreciate all comments and suggestions made to us, however I must just point out that our soup is definitely home made! ( As are our scones and cakes)