“Waitresses friendly.. Manager.. Offish..food.. Could be better..”
Review of The Stuffed Olive

The Stuffed Olive
Ranked #47 of 538 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Was excited to go to the stuffed olive as wanted to go for ages. I ordered paella and found a lump of what looked like clear plastic in it. After inconspicuously calling the waitress over and handing her the offensive piece we were then spoken to by the manager that explained it was part of the calamari.. And she could bring me a fresh meal but the same could happen again, she didn't apologise and was very offish. I was very considerate and said ok ill carry on but from then on it felt awkward and when I got home I looked it up and it was true the calamari can contain something like I found but only if it was not prepared properly and should have been given a fresh meal. So I was not impressed with the food or treatment by the manager she was obviously not skilled socially. I will not be going back due to her attitude: which was a shame as the other staff were friendly and the the rest of the food was lovely.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We had first visited the restaraunt a year ago & the food was good (even though on that occasion we waited 90 minutes for our main course) but on this occasion the service was excellent and the food outragously priced for what we received.
We ordered Paella (£15:95) & the lamb meatballs (£14:95), the Paella was firstly over cooked with the shrimp embedded in the rice bullet like, the calamarie quite chewy and topped with 1 king prawn & 1 muscle hardly over the top on the fish as most of this dish is in fact rice. My partners Lamb meatballs was even more disappointing 4 yes that right 4 bloody meatballs for £14:95 this came with a bowl of rice & a smsll salad bowl (which she said was the best part of her meal).

That's it these rip off Mediterranean & tapas places in Northampton... Indian all the way now.

1  Thank Bartonbadger
Reviewed November 4, 2012

It has been two years since our last visit as we live some distance away. The restaurant has been extended and we were worried that extra tables would mean a decline in service and food. We need not have worried. Food was excellent, tender steak and perfectly cooked tuna. Service was great and we can't wait to go back again to try other things on the menu. A little more expensive than other restaurants but worth it for the quality of the food.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Living in Northampton for a few months, we were recommended to go here by locals and had high hopes. They said this was the best restaurant in the area.

When I called to book, I was told Saturday night was fully booked but I could have a table at 7pm on Friday night, as Friday night was also fully booked. A bit early for us but I took it.

We arrived to a very empty restaurant but thought it must be due to later bookings. We were promptly given our menus and orders taken. We were not offered water but were given complimentary olives and 1 slice of bread each.

Our entrees arrived in record time. We had asked to share the entrees but this was too difficult for them so we just swapped plates.

No sooner had they taken our entrees away, our mains had arrived. It was now 7:30pm. Perhaps we should have told them we wanted to take a break between meals. We felt like we were eating in a fast food place not a well recommended restaurant.

We ate our meals slowly. No sooner had we finished our mains, the plates were whisked away and we were asked if we would like dessert. We said yes just to get more time. We still hadn't finished our bottle of wine in 30 minutes!

At this stage I was not impressed and kept telling the staff I was not ready to order my dessert when asked. Finally we said we did not want dessert so they hurriedly asked what about tea or coffee. We said we would like to finish our wine.

The staff continued to circle around us hoping we would now ask for the bill and leave. We had not been the 1 hour.

In this time the restaurant was still not full. I looked around and I would stay it was probably 40% full.

We finished our wine, asked for the bill and left. It was probably about 8:15pm. We felt bloated as we had eaten our meals so fast. We felt like cattle being herded in and out. We felt like this was a fast food place.

We will not go back and I am sorry for the locals that recommended it to us. There are better places to eat in Northampton. Look out for our other reviews.

Not a good experience.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Atmosphere, food and service. Can now understand why people truely recommend this one. Give it a go, your taste buds will thank you.