“Buddies, northampton”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Pevensey, United Kingdom
“Buddies, northampton”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Good breakfast, lots of it but you can tell it is cheap food! Very filling, could have been a bit warmer.free refills of the teapot are a result

Visited February 2013

UK
“Buddies A45 Northampton”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Great milk shake, the food awful. 7 quid for a burger and fries with some coleslaw on the side. The fries were disgusting and the burger served in a plain bog standard floured bap. The partie was tasty and well cooked (Aberdeen Angus) but for 7 quid a disgrace. Poor presentation, tiny portions Luke warm food. Awful. Complained there and then and the waitress gave me the food free (paid for the shake). Still didn't make it taste much better though!

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overall good value for money”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Value for money, good service generally a nice place to eat. speedy service I would return again childs portions very generous

“Whats happened to this place??”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Many years ago...this was THE place to go for an American style diner. I went with my teenage daughter last summer.....and spoke to the manager after I walked out in disgust about the initial entry to the diner.....and went to a Buddies else where in Nton which was fine. But we chanced it again purely as we were in town last week, and thought we'd give it another chance. Low and behold the same waitress was before us....what a rude woman...how isa she still there?? The other female waitress barely spoke English...and couldnt even muster a smile! The food was dreadful as well as the service. My nachos were swimming in grease...soggy and verging on cold. The fruit crumble was also soggy and stodgy. As for the red onion and cheese tart.....it hurt to swallow this.....it was pretty awful!! Oddly enough......during the main course.....I started filling in a comments card......my oh my...how those waitresses changed!! Smiles, communication and freindly.....BUT IT WASNT REAL!! I was hoping for response to my comment card...but I some how think they have access to that post box.....and shredded my card!! Definitley no 3rd chance will be given......thankfully....there are better places to eat.....where you feel welcome and fed better quality food!!

Visited February 2013
Northampton
“Didn't get a chance to eat..... Staff incredibly rude....”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I arrived around 12:00 on a Sunday lunch, the restaurant wasn't half full. I was greeted straightaway and sat down. I saw two other tables get greeted and seated..... I waited, and waited......

No drink order, no food order, I tried to make eye contact with the waitress a couple of times, but she looked straight through me.

As she walked past me for probably the sixth time in 15 minutes I said, "I'm ready to order"
To which she huffed and replied
"Im too busy, You'll have to wait" and kept walking........ The table next to me were almost as shocked as I was......

I could have coped with a "I'm sorry, I will be with you in a moment" or "I am just serving another table, I will be with you shortly"
I got up and left. I spent my money elsewhere.

I've been to the out of town restaurants in this chain, and never had a problem, even when it's been crazy busy. This one, the original one, had rude staff, and were unable to cope with less than a half full restaurant.