“Nice Touch”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

I went to Sorrentinos for a family lunch for the first time. It's a very nice restaurant the service was very good, and the staff were great with my young daughter. The food was very good and excellent value. I would certainly return again.

Reviewed September 22, 2016

Sorrentino's has been a favourite restaurant for many years and we had a lovely evening there on Saturday. Although it was very busy, always a good sign, the service was good, the staff friendly and helpful and the food excellent as usual. We'll be back again soon!

Reviewed September 22, 2016

Yet another fantastic meal at Sorrentinos. It has always been a firm family favourite for us and last week's visit has kept it in that top spot. As always, the only problem was deciding what to choose on the menu. The steak was delicious although I think the seafood will always be my favourite. I can't wait for an excuse for the next visit.

Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

This was our second visit and I'm really disappointed in the service...again. the first time we went we had a table booked and still had to wait an hour before our table was ready. We would have left if they hadn't given us some complimentary olives and garlic bread while we wait. When we finally got our table it took another 30 minutes until the food arrived. The waiting staff were very in experienced, it appeared as if they hadn't received any training and one smashed a glass right next to us. The manager sat down with me and agreed to also let us have our bottle of wine on the house in the hope we'd return. About a year and a half later, we return as we thought the food was delicious and really wanted to give it another go. This was my partners birthday. No waiting this time, we were sat down straight away, great start. However, the waiting staff were still very inexperienced. We asked one if she could 'shut the window' and she couldn't understand and kept repeating if we meant 'close the window'...then let us know English isn't her language. I'm not being funny but if the window if wide open if doesn't take a genius to work out which way we wanted it to go. The moment that both of us had finished anything, literally within a second (and that's not an exaggeration) one of the waiting staff would run over to clear the table. Just let us have a breather first! When we got there, they were trying to take our drinks order as we were sitting down! How the hell am I suppose to know? I've just got there, I haven't sat down and I certainly hadn't read the drinks menu!!
Anyway, your food is nice. It's not incredible, just nice. It is over priced, our bill for the two of us was £104. That was a starter and a main and two glasses of wine each. For a place that has some of the worst waiting staff, a really out dated decor and just nice food, you really need to rethink your strategy. There are SO MANY of restaurants these days, you need to realise that you have a lot more competition from when you first opened. I won't be returning again.

1  Thank Ollie D
Reviewed September 13, 2016

Went out for a ladies night and had been previously so new what to expect.
I tried the chicken abbriata as I like spices and it was very nice although I can't decide if the penne pasta was freshly made or brought in as I have been to Italy had had fresh pasta and it is so lovely but this was like would make at home.
Felt it lacked a little flavour but the staff were good and the pudding was nice.

Date of visit: August 2016