“Nice place, possibly needs updating though”
Review of Overstone Manor

Overstone Manor
Ranked #392 of 525 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Pub, Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Nice place, possibly needs updating though”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Nothing like a lick of paint and some modern furniture to make a nice place great. Food is spot on. And it's always full so that tells you the food is good. Very reasonable on price too.

Visited June 2012

Northamptonshire
“Carvery nice, don't order from the menu”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Firstly, may I add that we are/were regular visitors to the Overstone Manor bar/restaurant, the carvery meal they provide is 100 times better than the Toby Caveries offer. We have however had a bad experience this weekend when we decided to go there for our lunch before a day out. This time we opted to order from their bar menu and chose 3 adult meals and the tortilla wraps for my 3yr old, 20 minutes after ordering, just as we were expecting our meals to be brought out a waitress came over to our table to advise that they didn't have the childs tortillas (20 minutes to figure that out?). Not particularly happy after waiting for that length of time to be told something wasn't available I chose him something else - 5 minutes later the waitress reappears to tell me that "you need to pay us an extra 79p for the new meal" - fair enough if the 79 pence is that important to them... a further 15 minutes later and the meals arrive - all of the adult meals are cold - clearly having sat waiting to cook the meal for my toddler. Not a very successful lunch or start to our day out. The Queen Eleanor and Needle and Awl in Northamptonshire are also Fayre and Square restaurants, the service levels you receive at these are by far superior and they will also offer you a "no quibble guarantee" - my recommendation would be if you're looking for a carvery pay the Overstone Manor a visit, if you want something from the Fayre and Square menu try one of the other restaurant chains in Northamptonshire.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank someones_angel_uk
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Overstone Manor, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear someones_angel_uk

Many thanks for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback was a concern to hear and I would like to look into this further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Fayre & Square
“Dont use for any parties, staff are rude, food terrible and not good value for money”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

What you get for your money isnt what you are told you get for your money.
Staff are rude and have no respect for their customers.
Food was terrible.
Bouncers non existant
Wouldnt advise you to use for parties unless desparate

3 Thank janeke50
Dear janeke50

Many thanks for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback was a concern to hear and I would like to investigate this further with the Management Team. I have sent you a direct message and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Northampton, United Kingdom
“A poor Sunday lunch and family outing”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Firstly the place was cold, even draughty, two of the party were recovering from the flu and didn't appreciate the icy chills. Secondly, the food - most opted for the carvery - the meat was overcooked and rubbery, the vegetables had been burnt to an inch of their lives, the gravy was of a very light brown colour. The potatoes were as old as Methusala, and they were shrivelled up. Usually for a carvery people pile their plates high, our party did not, none were happy. Deserts were okay, service was exceptionally slow.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank PaddyBear58
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Overstone Manor, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear PaddyBear58

Many thanks for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Your comments were a concern to hear and I would therefore like to investigate your comments further. I have sent you a private message and look forward to hearing from you soon.

“Totally enjoyable”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I went with my friend who I ain't seen for months was a very nice place to chill , we spent the evening there couple of glasses of rose, starters , mains, and dessert great standard of service the man behind the bar was nice he was very whity but completely harmless banterful