“Okay not great ”

Ranked #117 of 533 Restaurants in Northampton
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

The food is fairly decent but the service isn't. We felt rushed to eat and go. Paying the bill also proved a nightmare as it was a large group and when one of our party said about boxing food up the response from the server was "this isn't a takeaway". There were several times you were trying to have a conversation and staff would lean in and take ages to clear plates. Or have a discussion among themselves. Or stick their tongue out whilst the others back was turned. Add 10% service charge too. Wouldn't go back

There are newer reviews for The Wok Inn

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Fast, efficient and nice atmosphere. I've been going to the Wok for some years now and love it. The food is hot and served quickly and service is without fault. A young couple now manage the restaurant and I've seen the lady is expecting.

P.S. To the tripadvisor critic who complained of a 'thin black line running down the back of a prawn'...I see this in all prawns in every restaurant. It is the instestinal tract of a prawn and as the Wok's prawns are cooked in it shells, I would assume it's quite difficult to stop this problem.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I visited the restaurant with my boyfriend yesterday and was kept waiting for over 15 minutes before being served, of course it was busy for a saturday night however whenever I called this one young waitress, she told me that she will get someone else for me. However i was later apologised to, stating that she was a new staff.

The food was good, and came out quite quickly after that mishap however this was not the same, we ordered drinks after the starter and they were no where to be seen, so I went to the bar myself to order the drinks. Whilst I was there I heard one of the waitresses yelling at the young waiter and I quote "do it quickly and no messing about". I ignored this but surely the treatment of the staff towards one another should be better? The gentlemen serving the bar was very polite and gave me a much faster service than if I had waited at my table.

Overall the meal was good however with terrible service to be faced with a 10% service fee on top of the bill? That is ludicrous.

I hope the service will be a bit better on my next visit.

3  Thank saartjehart
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I cannot review the food at this restaurant because we did not stay. We went yesterday lunch when the restaurant is supposed to be open until 2.30pm. We walked in at 1.15pm and the restaurant was completely empty. We explained that we had come for the lunchtime menu.
The waiter then looked at his watch and said that there was just time. Of course we felt we had to leave so we did.
We like a bottle of wine with lunch so the last thing we want is to be rushed. I don't see the reason for being open if there is not time to enjoy a meal. When the first thing a waiter does is look at his watch before offering you a table there is something wrong. The owners need to look into what is happening in their restaurant at lunchtime.

1  Thank DianeWy
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We've been to the Wok Inn a number of times, the service is great midweek, but if you go on a Fri or Sat, you get rushed, and stared at until you've finished eating. The food is good, and always nice and hot, however on our last visit i noticed a prawn with a thick black line running along the back of it - I don't trust prawns when out anyway after having severe food poisening in the past (not from the Wok I might add) This was pointed out, and they apologised - So just keep a watchfull eye out :)