“Something different and very enjoyable.”
Review of The Smoke Pit

The Smoke Pit
Ranked #41 of 580 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2016

Late lunch on a Saturday afternoon.
Easy to find just off the main shopping area.
Parking in area on meters but easily found a space nearby.
A warm welcome and seated quickly, venue is an old bakery and has a pleasant lounge out front with one of those Harley mopeds on display, only kidding guys a mean machine!
Out back and in what would have been the bakery a century ago is the main eating area furnished with heavy duty rustic tables and chairs you might not want to spend 2 hours on. Fantastic old Baker Perkins of Peterborough oven and range with lots of horns dotted about with meat carcass diagrams on the ceiling. Strange but effective and all adding to the somewhat different ambience which I thought was very refreshing.
Staff and food make a restaurant, the staff were lovely and very attentive.
Had been warned the portions were huge and so they are we had two platters between three of us and took half of it home.
Highlight of the food was the smoked sausage, grilled Halloumi cheese and the various pickled carrots and cabbage. I had been looking forward to the smoked brisket and wasn't disappointed but the sausage was by far my favourite.
Drinks are refillable and I have never seen one of those dispensers have such a variety, brilliant idea.
All in all a pleasant family lunch I would like to repeat.

Reviewed April 8, 2016 via mobile

Perfect in every way. Food is unreal. The kids loved it as much as us. Brilliant service especially Lilly. Even saw a Saints player having his dinner there too.

Reviewed April 8, 2016 via mobile

Had my birthday meal here, with a select group of friends we all met up and for us it was our first visit. We'd all heard good things and we weren't disappointed. The atmosphere was great, the service was good and not over powering and the food well OMG loads of it and very well presented. It was succulent and flavourful. The fries were also great and the Mac and Cheese was to die for! What a side dish! Prices are expensive at first glance but once you see and taste it and realise the portion size it becomes very exceptable. I would recommend eating here, I'm definitely coming back! My rating would be 9/10.

1  Thank Ian F
Reviewed April 8, 2016

Fantastic food, Quirky layout and interior, Friendly staff! definitely try the meat sharing platter it was amazing. We had to doggy bag up the last bit there was so much meat! :-) We will 100% return and recommend to family and friends!

Reviewed April 7, 2016

Been here a few times, great team and a lot of meat! make sure you're hungry when going as I promise you, you will be rolled out of the place when leaving!