“Not bad, but not good either”

TGI Friday's - Northampton
Ranked #305 of 533 Restaurants in Northampton
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Have been here a few times for dinner as it is conveniently close to the Travelodge across the road.

Always go in thinking its going to be a good meal and always leave thinking it was lacking something. The service is usually OK, the prices are a little on the high side for what you get.

I may well return but only because I have yet to find anything better around the Sixfields park area.

There are newer reviews for TGI Friday's - Northampton

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We use to come here all the time when we lived near by. Unfortunatly not so much now but normally it will get full stars as we do like it. Im sorry to say its gone down hill. Very quiet on a holiday. Staff friendly but food was just ok. Nothing like it use to be. Come on tgi step it up.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I visited this restaurant this week, the first time for 6 years, last time my family dined here we were attacked by football thugs, the staff we unable to help us or other diners as they were all young teenagers.

I returned this week with my wife and 16 year old son, a quick bite at tea time before going on to friends.

Arrived at 5pm, family arrived at 5.10, ordered drinks and food, food arrived at 6.05, all we ordered was a main course each. nearly an hour and not an apology, after 30 minutes i was asked another drink, no i said just our meal. Thats was the last we saw of the waiter all night.

My wife and i had chicken fajitas - mmm dry tasteless chicken, cold fajitas and flavourless dips.
I can honestly say one of the worst experiences i have had in a restaurant, poor food, poor service, and a thumping £50 bill

Thats the thing about a bad meal you don't go back for a while, obviously 6 years is not enough time to improve this restaurant, its staff or food. I think i will just not return this time.

5  Thank ihadenough
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I have been to TGI's Sixfields twice in the last 2 weeks. Both times it was as bad as the other. The food was overcooked and unappetising. We find this restaurant very overpriced for what you get. It has definitely deteriorated over the last 2/3 years.
The staff are very pleasant and do their best but the management really need to look at how they can improve.
The people cooking the food in the kitchen are just that..... cooks, young & very inexperienced on the whole.
If I'm going to be spending this sort of money I want Qualified chefs please. No offence to the people working hard in the kitchens, it's just that the management are not training these people adequately.

5  Thank Karen G
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We had a late lunch/ early meal here today. It was very quiet with only 1 table of 2 and us when we got there. The first couple left and another couple came in. I mention this simply because I am a Manager of a store myself and it is actually much, much harder to work in a customer environment when it is quiet as opposed to busy as the ambience and customer experience is created by the staff.
The staff were all very professional and treated us with a courtesy that didn't go unnoticed.

The food and drinks were delicious, we both had the tortillas to start and the Classic burger and we enjoyed them very much. We changed our minds after the waitress brought the bill over to stay for a dessert and again this was totally acceptable and not a problem. We can thoroughly recommend the Chocolate brownies and the Apple waffle!
We drove past after watching a film at the cinema and it had got very busy which is always a good sign too.