“Small restaurant attention from a big name brand”

Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Northampton
Ranked #307 of 540 Restaurants in Northampton
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We visited F&B's in April 2013 and were pleasantly surprised at both the level of attention and the staff friendliness despite arriving after 22:30 on a Friday night; a table was instantly prepared - one thing to note here is that the backs of the seats in Sixfields are very flexible, each movement from the guy behind me was directed with pinpoint accuracy so we asked to move after our food order had been placed, F&B's staff were only too obliging to help out.

The food was good especially so late in the evening, the chicken and prawn Alfredo was very tasty apparently (I don't do seafood) but my "here's one I made earlier" lamb shank was very tasty - obviously not as nice as 'proper' restaurant food or homecooked but certainly well worth the price when compared to other large chain foods.

On the whole, it was actually a very nice experience (with some cool music in the background), the food was good, could have been better but with being a large chain with a huge and varied menu to fulfill, this may not be possible.

My advice would be if you are looking for proper cooked food as a meal out then look for a local restaurant (we only went to F&B's because they were the only ones still serving after 21:30),

Bread & Olives
Chicken & Prawn Alfredo
Lamb Shank
+ drinks: £35, not the cheapest for the quality though you could do a lot better (and a lot worse).

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We've been there several times over the past couple years & always had a good service. We haven't visited in a few months & it looks like they have new management. When we arrived we were told they were cleaning a few tables & should be with us in 5 minutes. We bought a drink & sat in the bar area (we were the only people in the bar). The manager walked past us several times, after 20 minutes of having no eye contact from any staff & after the 4th group came in and were seated immediately, we left & had a lovely meal in bella italia where the service was excellent.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the second time I have visited this restaurant since it opened at Riverside in Northampton and I won't be rushing back. On both occasions we waited forty minutes for a table at lunchtime after being told the wait would be a mere ten minutes. After finally being seated it took yet another forty minutes before lunch was served. We had lost our appetites by then! Food was average, my seafood salad was swimming in the dressing The waitress had a couldn't care less attitude and looked like she wished she was a hundred miles away.........she was not the only one.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

When we arrived we were greeted and were shown to the bar until our friends arrived. The bar man was very attentive and although busy still managed to have a smile and a conversation. We were shown to our table and I asked if some of the dishes were Gluten Free, as not a lot was I decided to go with a steak as you can't really go wrong with that. I asked for my steak to be cooked blue and the rather rude waitress informed me that the customer doesn't choose how the steak is cooked the chef just cooks it medium. I was taken back a little with this as it's no really hardship to cook a blue steak she went to ask the chef if this was possible and my party decided if she came back and said no we would just leave. She come back and said yes we also ordered drinks with her. After our starters were cleared we asked where the drinks were and she just said "they're coming, were busy". I can see your busy but we've already recieved, eaten AND had the starters cleared. The food came out, I can see why the chef doesn't serve the steaks any other than medium, the quality was awful but I ate it anyway and didn't say anything. As I took a break to have a drink the waitress came over and said "what's wrong with your steak NOW" I hadn't even complained I was just drinking my drink. Maybe it's because the waitress' English was not great but there is no need to be so rude. skipped the desserts, coffee and tip and just left. Will not be returning!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Overall quite good. Apart from having coke spilt down my arm.. Food ok. Service ok. Value for money. Will go again. The 20% discount for Tesco Staff helps though.

Travelers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Northampton also viewed

Northampton, Northamptonshire

Been to Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Northampton? Share your experiences!