“Poor excuse for a restaurant”

Ask Italian - Northampton
Ranked #100 of 566 Restaurants in Northampton
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Based in St Giles Square in the very heart of Northampton city centre, the ASK Italian restaurant offers stylish surroundings in which to enjoy high quality Italian cooking. From the extensive main menu, diners can choose from dishes like spaghetti carbonara with smoked pancetta and pecorino or a tasty vegetarian risotto with caramelised leeks and oven-roasted tomatoes. The indulgent dessert menu features the tempting honeycomb cheesecake, lemon tart or a sumptuous Italian tiramisu. Part of the successful ASK Italian restaurant group, this Northampton venue is a very popular dining destination within the city. ASK Italian - Northampton offers superb, fresh cuisine, good quality produce and simple, contemporary interiors. Perfect for any type of occasion, from meals out with a group of friends or family to a romantic meal for two, ASK Italian is a great all rounder with good value prices to match.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The food was bland and only one seasoning away from a tin of Heinz spaghetti. Poor service, the staff communicate through hand movements rather than the art of speaking.
Overpriced food, the mushrooms alforno were a favourite of mine, sticking to what i know i ordered them again, what i got was just laughable, 5 grilled upturned shrivelled mushrooms on soggy bread with...oh no, thats all there was! For £5.50 we were ripped off!

If you're a tall person avoid the tables at the back of the restaurant, the poor attempt at contemporary decor means you'll bang your head on the lampshades.

There are much nicer restaurants in town and better value for money.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The food to be fair, was reasonably tasty however, itis over priced and the portions are scandalously small. There is no hot water in the toilet so you wash your hands cold and not only that, the toilets were not clean. The staff were nonplussed when told and rude when as a consequence, no tip was given.

I certainly would not go back if I had any choice at all.

1  Thank George_The_Pig
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Service ok but felt it was a bit cold even though it was november could have made mor effort to place us on a table that wasnt near the door

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We booked a table for 10 ppl and told we needed to book it quite early so we booked for six thirty. By the time we left it was eight thirty and the place was still quite empty so we could have easily booked later. When my meal came I picked up my fork and it was dirty so i asked for a clean one. I was expecting a o my gosh sorry ! But it was just grabbed out of my hand with no verbal acknowledgement and a different knife give to me.
Later on we popped to the loo all the way down stairs and it was freezing I didnt know u needed a coat to go to the loo. I had to rescue a friend by passing her some loo roll under the door. Not what you would expect really more a 3am night club moment.
The party of people on the next table were sat so close it was uncomfortable.
I wont bother going back anytime soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Firstly, when waiting to be seated I was literally pushed aside by one waiter to access the menus directly next to the waiting area with no acknowledgment what so ever. We waited 10 minutes with no communication from any staff until we were grumpily pointed to our table at the back of the restaurant by what seemed to be the manageress. Once seated the young man taking our order was very abrupt in doing so. We waited 50 minutes for our food which was very average and definitely not worth the wait. Overall it has been a very disappointing experience and I will never eat here again. Terrible customer service.