“Worse place I have ever eaten on my life”
Review of Balti King

Balti King
Ranked #139 of 525 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“Worse place I have ever eaten on my life”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Well what can I say worded place I have eaten, food was well what can I say **** nothing more to say
No beer licence ???
The place is more like a fast food place. I will never in my life step foot in there again

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Gaz J

“Good food and service”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a 'take your own alcohol' place and is always busy ! Good menu and quick service. If you want a quick and cheap curry then give it ago !

1 Thank Steve L
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Bring your own - drinks!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Booked for Saturday night as I didn't want to be disappointed , they didn't take my name! I found that strange, any way we arrived early and there were people waiting in the entrance I pushed forward and said that I had booked, we could see it was nearly full to the rafters but we were luckily shown to a table, we'd brought our own drinks, luckily we were not in a rush, they were so busy with quite large tables with birthdays, it was very noisey, our poppadom order was taken they arrived swiftly, we'd decided our mains and had to ask twice to take our order, the staff were running up & down, but they served every table, it may of taken time but it was worth the wait, we were x5 had baltis, rice, 1 Bombay potatoe, large family peshwari nan it was all great food and it was all eaten the total bill was £41.80, I used to come here years ago and it is still good I would recommend it , but it was rather noisey, but you don' notice it after a few drinks! And by 10pm they'd served most tables and they'd moved on ! I don't know how they did it but the staff were amazing !

1 Thank mammothappien
“Amazing value.”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Visited with my girlfriend and her grandparents early on a Friday night. We had a table booked but the waiter took his time in showing us to our table.

The place was quiet at first with only one or two other tables having dinner. This seemed quite normal for a Friday night at 7pm. The place did fill up quite quickly after that which created a nice atmosphere.

My girlfriend and I had starters - I opted for Tandoori Chicken whilst my girlfriend had a vegetable samosa. These were both cooked very well and very quickly. For the main dish, I had Chicken Madras and ordered it extra hot, unfortunately it wasn't. I also ordered rice and a naan bread to share. Everyone else also had a rice dish and a curry. There was no need for a drinks order as it's bring your own booze.

In the end the bill came to under £35 for poppadoms, 2 starters, a naan bread, 4 curries and 4 rice dishes. I've probably done curry nights at my place costing more!

Overall, the food was decent. Nothing more, nothing less. The service was pretty good and I can see why so many people rate the place, including the company I was with. No doubt I'll be back.

“Great taste of india!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Me and my family went on a weekday night and we were instantly greeted by a friendly member of staff. Their were a fair few people eating there already, and the restaurant it self looked clean and tidy. A weird thing that ive never seen before in a restaurant is that they let you bring your own alcohol, as I don't think they are licensed. This was not a problem for us as it worked out much cheaper that we brought our own and they provided us with glasses and a cork screw. Only 5 minutes from sitting down our poppadums' were brought to our table. We all had a different curry eat with rice and chips and naan. I had the chicken saag which was to die for, so tasty and filling, I even had to take some home in a doggy bag. Overall, the food service was fast and tasty and the staff were lovely. I would recommend to anyone to go there!

1 Thank Kirsty W