“Great taste of india!”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Great taste of india!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Me and my family went on a weekday night and we were instantly greeted by a friendly member of staff. Their were a fair few people eating there already, and the restaurant it self looked clean and tidy. A weird thing that ive never seen before in a restaurant is that they let you bring your own alcohol, as I don't think they are licensed. This was not a problem for us as it worked out much cheaper that we brought our own and they provided us with glasses and a cork screw. Only 5 minutes from sitting down our poppadums' were brought to our table. We all had a different curry eat with rice and chips and naan. I had the chicken saag which was to die for, so tasty and filling, I even had to take some home in a doggy bag. Overall, the food service was fast and tasty and the staff were lovely. I would recommend to anyone to go there!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Kirsty W

Northampton, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We eat here regularly and whatever day of the week and whatever time of year it is always busy. From the outside it is not particularly appealing and it is hidden away in Earl Street...but don't be fooled. If you want top quality, fresh and FANTASTIC value Indian food then you will love Balti King. You can bring your own alcohol and easily eat out for around £25 for four people. You can't say that very often!!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank NorthamptonGal
“Probably the cheapest curry house in northampton”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I spent most of my 6th form days in here many years ago.
Really tasty food and the prices are so cheap you feel like you are stealing from them. This place is great for huge parties and you can bring your own booze!
Don't let the school canteen appearance of the place put you off, it is a nice place to eat at without breaking the bank.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Dostres
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Exceeded expectations, but don't go if you're in a rush!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Having long escaped living in Northampton, my friends took me here on a visit...I was very skeptical but was pleasantly surprised. I ordered the King prawn, paneer and spinach balti (all my favorite things in one!) and it was delicious. My garlic naan was also lovely. HOWEVER, 6 of us waited nearly an hour for our food... good job we weren't in a rush! Would still recommend, it was super cheap and the staff were lovely, too.

• Visited November 2012
Crumlin, United Kingdom
“Great food, excellent value”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

First discovered this about six months ago whilst wandering around a somewhat dead Northampton with a colleague, looking for a curry house. We asked a guy closing up his shop, and he gave us vague directions to the Balti King. We found it, and enjoyed it so much, that we retraced our steps on this visit to Northampton to find it again. Nestled amongst terraced houses in Earl Street, it can be easily missed - but once inside, it is spacious, clean and welcoming. Good selection on the menu, with polite and helpful staff. Always people in there - which is a good sign. The food is good quality, and portions are decent. Price is excellent, helped by the BYO policy (but soft drinks are available and reasonably priced). Well recommended :)

• Visited November 2012